Tamiya panzer iv

This section is for you to give a commentary / build log of your Tamiya tank. Remember - lots of pictures please!
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Tamiya tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: Tamiya panzer iv

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I did some skirts for the guy I got mine off but he never fitted them.
Used a Trumpeter kit as a template
I will ask him where they went
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
John Glover
Lance Corporal

Post by John Glover »

Great score Tom. Looks nice now so looking forward to what it will look like after you apply your skills . John.
Tamiya King Tiger
Tamiya King Tiger [Porsche turret]
Tamiya Tiger 1
Tamiya Panther
HL/Taigen Stug 111
SteamBoatWillie
Recruit

Post by SteamBoatWillie »

Lovely model, I'm sure the noisy gearboxes would be improved with a little lubrication. They look bone dry.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

SteamBoatWillie wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:06 am Lovely model, I'm sure the noisy gearboxes would be improved with a little lubrication. They look bone dry.
Thank you

This is definitely pinion squealing. Had the same issue before. When the backlash is set right they're beautifully quiet. Might be the picture they are lightly oiled which I've found plenty on these gears

Return to “Tamiya Builds”