The end of the tank?

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
TIGER RAMPAGE
Recruit

The end of the tank?

Post by TIGER RAMPAGE »

With the latest videos out showing Merkava tanks being taken out so easily in Israel and all of the modern tanks in the Ukraine being wiped out have we reached the end of the manned main battle tank as we know it? Any thoughts?
STHV
Corporal

Re: The end of the tank?

Post by STHV »

No.

Nothing on the modern battlefield can compare to the protected direct fire support that a tank provides.
The main issue is that armoured warfare hasn't caught up just yet to current developments.

This isn't the first "death of the tank" and it won't be the last.
Panther Ausf D (WIP)
Panther Ausf A mit Brückentafel (WIP)
Panther Ausf G (WIP)
Jagdpanther G2 (WIP)
Tiger II (WIP)
Pz.Kpfw. VIII Maus V2 (WIP)
Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf L (WIP)
Sd.Kfz. 234/2 (WIP)
Leopard 1A4/1A1A1 (WIP)
Turm III (WIP)
VK 45.01 (H) (WIP)
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

And here’s me thinking I had to sell all my models and replace them with the overwhelming presence of an assortment of ATGMs !!!

I feel that the tank is under pressure currently due to the stagnation of tactics and employment rather than becoming obsolete, this last decade has seen an unfortunate upswing in the necessity to use tanks and I reckon the smart minds are learning that looking after them is now harder than it was.
Time will tell
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
SteamBoatWillie
Recruit

Post by SteamBoatWillie »

When you think of drones in the air nowadays being controlled from remote countries and even ships being sunk by drone boats surely it is only a matter of time before we see a drone on the battlefield? Possibly a fast wheeled vehicle, cheap and fast to produce, packed with explosives and driven remotely into a concentration of the enemy. I'm sure all possibilities are currently being evaluated.

Return to “Off topic”