WINTER 23-24 KV-1 to KV-85 to KV-2 COMPLETED!

This section is for builds done in groups and collaboration on projects!
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Re: WINTER 23-24 KV-1 to KV-85 to KV-2 Phew!

Post by ColemanCollector »

Panzermechaniker wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:46 pm Excellent and it is great to get them out for pics in the snow. But hopefully last night's snow is the last one of the year. Knocked the work we had started on the field back another week
Thanks PM! Natural light makes a huge difference and this better be the last snow, although what a wimpy winter...not that I'm complaining!
HERMAN BIX wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:22 am 'REAL snow ??
Now thats downright "Climate-ist " :shifty:

That KV you have so patiently produced is nothing short of astounding Mr Coleman.
Every detail and resulting outcome is profoundly obvious, well thought out and very well executed.
The Marigold is a really cool effect, and suits the mood.

All credit to you Sir, Bravo :clap: :clap:

Ahhhhh snow. I noticed at the Australian GP the fall leaves starting to hit the track. You guys are weird! :haha: ;D It was the Women's World Curling Championships in Nova Scotia this week. New Zealand had a rough go, but they had some good games.

Many thanks for the kind words, Sir!
Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:21 pm I am impressed and hope someday to try another build with such a late-winter worn whitewash. What an accomplishment, CC.

The real snow diorama :D might be the same snow we enjoyed (??) in Wisconsin on Thurs. 3/21/Fri. 3/22. My solution was to leave for a week on Marco, Island, Florida.
So that's where it came from! Thanks for compliments HDP. Have fun in the sun!
MonsieurTox
Corporal

Re: WINTER 23-24 KV-1 to KV-85 to KV-2 COMPLETED!

Post by MonsieurTox »

Coleman, you did an awesome job on the building and detailing of this KV II. But what about the paint job? Impressive is the word, stellar weathering!
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Post by ColemanCollector »

MonsieurTox wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:18 am Coleman, you did an awesome job on the building and detailing of this KV II. But what about the paint job? Impressive is the word, stellar weathering!
Merci beaucoup, Monsieur Tox!
Such a goofy, big canvas looking tank to play with the paints on, and see what effects can be achieved.
You must have nerves of steel and rock steady hands. I was pretty happy getting the one bolt-head centred on the horn/light conduit hub, and then I see the 379 rivets you popped on your Churchill AVRE. I'd have been a quivering mass of protoplasm doing that. Crikey, I was after getting that one bolt in the right place!

Thanks again for the kind words,

Mike.
MonsieurTox
Corporal

Post by MonsieurTox »

Haha tbh with you, pilot holes were drilled with the CNC on the Churchill panels! I just had to press fit the rivets with some CA (sometimes the fit was so tight that no glue was required!).
When I have to do it by hand, I'm like you! Using CA is always tricky as you get one chance or you have to start over, when I glue styrene rivet/bolt on styrene it's easier as you can move the part a bit but all in all once everything is painted and weathered, it'll look OK if you're not 2mm off 😂
I really do like what you did, the small buckles in brass are awesome, I could not do that! But I'll try because I love the idea, looks much better than flat PE Amnnd stronger too!

Return to “Group Builds”