ASAD-BABIL "LION OF BABYLON" IRAQI ARMY FEB 1991

HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: ASAD-BABIL "LION OF BABYLON" IRAQI ARMY FEB 1991

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Thanks lads, I genuinely appreciate the kudos .
I love mucking around with Tanks and one day I might get good at it like a few others here are eh !!
Everyone needs a “thing”
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Martin2556
Lance Corporal

Post by Martin2556 »

Superb job, lucky new owner!!! 😊
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

The Lion Has Landed
Just got notice that Mr Mithras's T72 has been successfully delivered..................
Now I wait to receive confirmation its not a bag of jam all busted and useless, or if not, that he actually likes it. :eh: :shifty:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Mithras
Corporal

Post by Mithras »

Just confirming it is not a jam of busted parts, and that the only things broken off were probably unavoidable, no matter how well packed (and it was VERY well packed. So well packed that I was cursing a bit trying to get the damned thing open;).) They are easily fixed with a bit of CA glue.

This is a work of art. A real beauty. Boudicca took a brief video of it firing, and I hoped to get some photos of it in action today, but of course the yard is flooded. "0% chance of rain," my Irish-Hungarian ass. Photos as soon as I can manage. One of our puppies is in for surgery tomorrow, and she's sort of taking up the lion's share of the time, but I do expect to have them up for you by the weekend.

This is truly amazing work, and if Herman ever does offer his services to you, I cannot recommend them enough. His offering them to me was a complete suprise: we'd become friends, and he noted my interest in something else he shared, so it just sort of developed from there. The man knows his way around a tank. Even one with questionable Chinese optics!
"I have seen the first of the new tanks today. They are beautiful."
- Annibale "Electric Beard" Bergonzoli, upon the first delivery of M11/39s to Libya, 1940.
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Post by Meter rat »

Sorry to hear one of your pups is not well. I don’t know if the pun was intended or not about the pup taking up the lion’s share of your time, but it did make me smile, considering the title. Your excitement and pride in having arrived comes through in the post. We now need some photos of it, with Boudicca’s Challenger.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

"One of our puppies is in for surgery tomorrow." Please keep us informed. Lots of RCTW members care for dogs, see e.g. viewtopic.php?p=306225&hilit=Chicory#p306225
Mithras
Corporal

Post by Mithras »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:21 pm "One of our puppies is in for surgery tomorrow." Please keep us informed. Lots of RCTW members care for dogs, see e.g. viewtopic.php?p=306225&hilit=Chicory#p306225
Thank you. I certainly will. Romana had a fairly complex TPLO surgery that required the installation of a plate and screws. She's currently recovering, but it hasn't been wonderful for her. She reacts very poorly to anesthesia, and to powerful pain killers, meaning she's disoriented, frustrated that she can't run and jump as she normally does, and unwilling to sleep in her crate:she has always had the freedom to choose, and has only in the last year or so finally chosen to sleep at my feet, but now she has to be confined owing to limited movement (she keeps trying to jump, and doing it disoriented at that), and this is very, very hard on her, meaning we've slept but little since Wednesday.

As for the other predators in my life, the boyos are fine, and taking good care of their big sister. And also, there's this... A bit of a teaser:

Last edited by Mithras on Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Annibale "Electric Beard" Bergonzoli, upon the first delivery of M11/39s to Libya, 1940.
Mithras
Corporal

Post by Mithras »

(Not batting 1,000 today with these posts.)
Last edited by Mithras on Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mithras
Corporal

Post by Mithras »

Damnit. Double post. Please disregard.

Return to “Modern Builds”