1/10th Brummbar

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
baldrick131
Lance Corporal

Re: 1/10th Brummbar

Post by baldrick131 »

New year and I haven't given up just not had time to get much done.
But I have started to get some painting started.
I have also added some weld detail along the joints of the printed parts to hide the joints.
My main goal was to get the gun painted just to get it fully assembled to put it to one side to get the rest of it painted.
The smoke chamber is fitted to the back of the gun and it is attached to a tube on the inside of the barrel with the flash led fitted to the other end and it is hidden until the gun recoils and if my careful calculations (holding the led cable at the back while firing the gun and seeing when it flashed) work out.
baldrick131
Lance Corporal

Post by baldrick131 »

I thought it was time to give you all a bit of an update on the Brummbar I realised I had forgotten about the hooks on the upper hull so I designed some and printed them in resin along with some sprocket covers with nut detail.
I drilled some holes for the hooks as needed and stuck them on as you can see it was given a coat of yellow paint after some red oxide primer.
While I was printing I upscaled some cable ends off of cults3d and got some appropriate size cable for the towing cables and some 2mm carbon rod shaped using a drill and sandpaper to taper it into shape.
By a miracle the rain has kept away long enough to get some camo paint on, Its not exactly the proper colours but it was in Halfords and in spray cans so it will have to do.
I am now printing some tools and stuff to put on for detail and will work on some weathering I'm not going to go too mad as I'm not going to do any clear coating over the mat paint as it will darken the overall paint scheme I've printed a mask for the crosses and will try to make some masks for numbers but it will be a generic scheme rather than a specific vehicle.
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Post by ColemanCollector »

Righteous colour scheme! That bluish-greenish-gray is sweet with the dunkelgelb!

Mike.
baldrick131
Lance Corporal

Post by baldrick131 »

ColemanCollector wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:01 pm Righteous colour scheme! That bluish-greenish-gray is sweet with the dunkelgelb!

Mike.
Thanks to be fair the camera makes it look greyer as it looks more olive green in sunlight
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I suspected that the camera (and my ancient eyes) were making that look grey. I have olive green, especially US Olive Drab, look downright gray in photos. (Yep, gray/grey, spelled both ways.)
(I noticed that your dog is either not impressed, not interested, or sees food in another direction. :haha: )
baldrick131
Lance Corporal

Post by baldrick131 »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:56 pm (I noticed that your dog is either not impressed, not interested, or sees food in another direction. :haha: )
He's generally not interested and doesn't hang around when any of my tanks are working which I am thankful for as if he was as bad as when he tries to attack the vacuum cleaner when it's being used they would have a few teeth marks in them.

Return to “Larger Scale Military”