!!!WARNING!!! Modelscollector.com SCAMMERS using MOTIONRC'S Pictures and Now VIDEO to SCAM on Facebook!

Had a bad experience with a vendor? Let us know right here.
Forum rules
One topic per vendor, use the search facility to check if a thread already exists for a vendor.
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

!!!WARNING!!! Modelscollector.com SCAMMERS using MOTIONRC'S Pictures and Now VIDEO to SCAM on Facebook!

Post by MrChef »

Major Warning about these scumbag scammers 'Modelscollector.com' They took one guy already over oh Hobbysquawk.

They run a fake scammer website. They use Watermarked MotionRC pictures on their fake scammer site.

NOW they've stolen MotionRC's videos and are using them on Facebook.

I already reported it to Facebook but you know how that goes. They're more interested in censoring stuff than real issues. I also posted on Hobbysquawk and contacted their Admin. Hopefully MotionRC gets involved to quickly put an end to at least these scammers misrepresenting their company.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: !!!WARNING!!! Modelscollector.com SCAMMERS using MOTIONRC'S Pictures and Now VIDEO to SCAM on Facebook!

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

MrChef wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:07 pm Major Warning about these scumbag scammers 'Modelscollector.com' They took one guy already over oh Hobbysquawk.

They run a fake scammer website. They use Watermarked MotionRC pictures on their fake scammer site.
When you say "took one guy," do you mean, took his money, and didn't send him anything?
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: !!!WARNING!!! Modelscollector.com SCAMMERS using MOTIONRC'S Pictures and Now VIDEO to SCAM on Facebook!

Post by MrChef »

Son of a gun-ner wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:09 am When you say "took one guy," do you mean, took his money, and didn't send him anything?
Yes. Along with extremely misleading pictures watermarked from MotionRC & of course stupid low pricing. And Now blatantly stealing and using Motions videos for their nefarious ways...

take a look, not for the feint of RC tanker heart.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

MrChef wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:24 am
Son of a gun-ner wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:09 am When you say "took one guy," do you mean, took his money, and didn't send him anything?
Yes. Along with extremely misleading pictures watermarked from MotionRC & of course stupid low pricing. And Now blatantly stealing and using Motions videos for their nefarious ways...
I already took a look, it also appears that the "company" only started last month.
I'm going to duplicate this thread in the vendors blacklist.

Plus I'll remove theis link.

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

I also discovered this on my travels.

modelscollector.com Reviews: Is this site a scam or legit? - Scam Detector
https://www.scam-detector.com/validator ... om-review/

Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

This is cool.
Anything written in the original thread in General Discussion is repeated in the clone thread in Vendors Blacklist, and vice versa.

ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Post by ColemanCollector »

Seems about every 6 months these crop up on facebook. RC planes, cars, tanks etc., 80% off, vague blah blah blah text when you click on "about us, shipping, returns," and usually some good spelling mistakes and awkward grammar. Scamaramalamadingdong!
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

Same thing with 3DP designers. Seeing a rash of these on FB lately & even came across someone posting Lubos' A34 Comet on Cults as their own creation.
DragonSherman
Recruit

Post by DragonSherman »

When the price is too good to be true, it is a scam!
FB is a heaven for Scammers.
Eugene (The nutty Professor Dr. Shrek)
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Post by ColemanCollector »

Other giveaway is a site like "HobbyTime Model Kits" will have an email address something like service@eieihh.com or even worse, a gmail.com address.

Return to “Vendors Blacklist”