Hello from Wisconsin!!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
ironeye
Recruit

Hello from Wisconsin!!

Post by ironeye »

Just wanted to say "Hi" and that I really enjoy the content of this site. I'm new to the rc tank hobby and am glad to find others that share the same interest. I live in SE Wisconsin (USA) and I am a retired Firefighter.
To date, I have 3 Heng Long tanks. The PanTiger pictured. Also, a Tiger 2 (Henschel turrent) and a Jagdpanther. I purchased them from Motion RC and now have my eye on (saving my money) the Torro Soviet IS-2.
I am looking forward to learning more about how to detail tanks and figures. The photo gallery has some amazing examples! In the meantime, I enjoy motoring the tanks through my wife's garden.
Attachments
IMG_20240309_125817707_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240309_125817707_HDR.jpg (2.58 MiB) Viewed 244 times
Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Hello from Wisconsin!!

Post by Ecam »

Welcome to the forum Ironeye. We have a member here that should be along soon who is a neighbor of yours. While no fan of the "Pantiger" yours does look very good. Can't wait to see some pictures of the other two...
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Ironeye Hi, Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
3 Tanks already, I like that, Good to know the addiction is still as strong as when I got into this lunacy,
The Pantiger historically is the 2nd 1/16 r/c Model that Heng Long put on the market,
The Tiger 1 being the first and it's popularity surprised Heng Long so much that they almost sold out ,They knew they needed a follow up which explains why the Pan Tiger has a Tiger 1 Hull and a botched body that filled the gap while the company's designers got down to work,
By the way if you gently file the headlight flat on your Pan Tiger it will still work and it will look much like the original headlight :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

Welcome to the forum Ironeye from New York.

I have a plan if I adopt a Pantiger some day. Yours does look good.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
michaelwhittmann
Lance Corporal

Post by michaelwhittmann »

Ironeye. Cool moniker.

Nice Pantiger.

Do you have pictures of the others?

I also have a Tiger 2 Henschel turret.
ironeye
Recruit

Post by ironeye »

Thank you. The PanTiger was an impulse purchase. I didnt even know RC Tanks existed, so when I stumbled across them the Motion RC site, I got a little excited and purchased the PanTiger without doing my homework. I found out later, its not even a real tank, just a concept. Plus, everyone "hates" on the PanTiger LOL!! If I had to do it all over, I would have bought the T-34 for a first tank. It has a cleaner hull without all the snap on accessories which would have been easier for me to detail then the PanTiger. Plus, I like Soviet tanks.
I do not have photos of my other tanks yet. I'm about 90% done with the Tiger 2 but would like to post the photos when I think they are worthy ... . The guys on this site do some amazing work! The Jadgpather I'm just getting started on so it will be awhile, but I really like the tank destroyer design. Thanks for your comments.
michaelwhittmann
Lance Corporal

Post by michaelwhittmann »

Getting excited is ok; people think too much.
My King Tiger is pictured on this site.
You can see what not to do.😁😁
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Whoa! Did you say "Southeastern Wisconsin"? :thumbup: If you want, PM me by going to memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=11746 and then clicking on the "send private message" link. I am Herr Dr. Professor from southeastern Wisconsin.
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Post by Meter rat »

Hello and welcome from the West Coast of Scotland.
ironeye
Recruit

Post by ironeye »

Cheers Meter Rat!!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”