Tiger 1 - smoke module finally added

Smoke creating devices!
Yuyu
Recruit

Tiger 1 - smoke module finally added

Post by Yuyu »

G'day

So I have this self modified Tiger 1 (Mato hull, heng long electronics) and added an smoke unit I had laying around but since I didn't knew how it was built in originally I just put it in there (screwed to the baseplate and straps). Also the plastic holes for the screws of the sound unit are only craters now, that's why it's sitting on the tk 7.0... Anyways, here's a picture of the mess, enjoy :crazy:
Attachments
20240305_174034.jpg
20240305_174034.jpg (1.71 MiB) Viewed 227 times
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: Tiger 1 - smoke module finally added

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Thank you for the update, Yuyu. If I am correct that this is the same Tiger you show in viewtopic.php?t=34588&start=10, then this posting would best go in that thread. If I am correct, then one of the administrators can help you by moving this posting.

Danke für das Update, Yuya. Wenn ich recht habe dass hier ist derselbe Tiger so wie in viewtopic.php?t=34588&start=10, dann passt dieser Beitrag besser da. So kann ein Adminstrator helfen.
Yuyu
Recruit

Post by Yuyu »

You are mistaken since the Tiger you are referring to is an heng long and tamiya hybrid hull (plastics hull) and as of for now disassembled since I needed parts of it for the Tiger 1 (aluminum hull) posted here (tk 7.0, gun elevation system, gun barrel).

However I appreciate for offering your help and wish you an nice evening.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

"You are mistaken." Indeed, the frequency of my being mistaken increases daily. :haha:
Yuyu
Recruit

Post by Yuyu »

My apologies if that sounded like I was trying to be mean, English is not my native language
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

If you want to secure items in the hull I would suggest sticking a sheet of velcro to the floor and sides and on the base of the smoker/Batterry etc.
I stick the battery on the side of the hull and with a slighly longer piece of tube you could locate your smoker just about anywhere as you could with the control board and being velcro everything is secure until you want to move /remove it.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Oh, for pity's sake, jarndice. Here all this time (probably over a decade) I was using a thick, very sticky two-sided tape. Velcro would be so much easier to move around. In fact, one could put velcro in many places in the bottom hull and, so, be able to try various locations for components. Geez! Why don't I think of the simplest things?!

Return to “Smokers”