Tamiya Jagdpanther G2 late.

This section is for you to give a commentary / build log of your Tamiya tank. Remember - lots of pictures please!
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Tamiya tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
tomhugill
Captain

Tamiya Jagdpanther G2 late.

Post by tomhugill »

Another for the Hugill big cat rescue but enough to do I think warrant sits own thread!

I picked this one off of Facebook marketplace. Purported to be complete but annoyingly looks like the seller started removing the gun assembly, realised they couldn't remove it due to the mantlet and then didn't ship the parts (spot the missing ones in the first photo!). Seller has now gone quiet so I make do! Luckily another one I picked up had some of the parts I needed and the rest came from the bits box.

What I received is a really really nice base however, it's been up rev'd to a late G2. Tools on the side deleted, stowage bin on the rear of the casemate, really nicely done casemate roof removal for service access. Photo etch grills, the proper sponsons have been added (not something you actually see but a nice touch), schumo scopes and tow cables holders, lower glacis sticker replaced with styrene

I'm looking forward to continuing detailing this one out. Will be continuing the late war theme. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

Ad Lav
Captain

Re: Tamiya Jagdpanther G2 late.

Post by Ad Lav »

I like a good jagdpanther!!

Loving the roof off mod!
Panzermechaniker
Lance Corporal

Post by Panzermechaniker »

The Tamiya Jagdpanther is kind of annoying. Stock it's like a hybrid between a G1 and a G2. The roofline is a G2 so kind of prevents me building a G1 which I find more interesting. I've thought of converting mine to an accurate late G2 moving all the tools to the rear but is the storage box on the lhs rear of the casemate a part you can buy somewhere or does it have to be scratchbuilt?
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Ludwigs sell it :)
Panzermechaniker
Lance Corporal

Post by Panzermechaniker »

Thanks. :thumbup: Now I know it's available I can watch this build with even greater interest for a future project
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

Oh I'm in for this one. I Love the Jagdpanther!
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

Oh I'm in for this one. I Love the Jagdpanther!
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Ad Lav wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:55 am I like a good jagdpanther!!

Loving the roof off mod!
It's really cool! Definitely helps with maintenance. Debating a set of metal tracks off forgebear, he's only got winter ones but I think that would still fit the build
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

tomhugill wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:47 am
Ad Lav wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:55 am I like a good jagdpanther!!

Loving the roof off mod!
It's really cool! Definitely helps with maintenance. Debating a set of metal tracks off forgebear, he's only got winter ones but I think that would still fit the build
The build would fit the tracks mate, be an amazing final product once you've finished it I can be sure of that.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Tamiya Builds”