1/16 IS-3

All things 3D printing. Printers, design, CAD, hints and tips, models built.
USSR1991
Recruit

Re: 1/16 IS-3

Post by USSR1991 »

tankme wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:46 am The files are definitely gone from Cults, but I may have made a mistake. It seems I moved the files I thought I was missing. My fault. Apologies.
If the file is lost, I can resend it to you,
USSR1991
Recruit

Post by USSR1991 »

tankme wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:39 am
tankme wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:06 pm Thanks. I redownloaded the files and it's there now.
The issues with the files I downloaded for the IS-3 off Cults persist. It seems the entire bottom of the turret to include the rotation gear is not included with the STL package. I've pretty much written this purchase off now because the files are not even on Cults anymore and I can't even finish printing it with all the missing parts. I'm guessing that's why it was pulled. I guess I'll have to scratch build the rest of it if I want to ever get it finished.
There is a folder called max inside the folder, and you can use 3DMAX to open the internal files. This is the source file, which contains all the parts. You can edit and export the parts you need on your own.
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

USSR1991 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:49 am
tankme wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:39 am
tankme wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:06 pm Thanks. I redownloaded the files and it's there now.
The issues with the files I downloaded for the IS-3 off Cults persist. It seems the entire bottom of the turret to include the rotation gear is not included with the STL package. I've pretty much written this purchase off now because the files are not even on Cults anymore and I can't even finish printing it with all the missing parts. I'm guessing that's why it was pulled. I guess I'll have to scratch build the rest of it if I want to ever get it finished.
There is a folder called max inside the folder, and you can use 3DMAX to open the internal files. This is the source file, which contains all the parts. You can edit and export the parts you need on your own.
I was trying to do that in the slicer, but there are thousands of parts. If I break down that model into parts in the slicer, I'm limited as to what I can manipulate. If I break it down into objects in my slicer, any part that has more than one object associated with it just falls to the build plate and looses it's position. I do have a hobby version of Fusion 360, but I haven't really learned how to use it yet. I can export smaller parts as you said. I can narrow the number of objects in the object list by using the cut function in the browser. I should be OK to build it now that I figured out where the other files were I was missing.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Sundowner
Recruit

Post by Sundowner »

Man i wish i could buy the STL file for it

Return to “3D Printing”