On the Painting Table for February, 2024

Any tank related games you want to share with us? Maybe if you can play it online, you could organise an online battle!
Mithras
Corporal

On the Painting Table for February, 2024

Post by Mithras »

As some of you share the hobby or are interested, and as this has a good effect of keeping on track for hobby goals.

On my painting table at present and awaiting my return:

1/700 -

CSS Fredericksburg, Virginia II, Porter’s Gunboat
USS Baron De Kalb; mostly my own sculpts. As Shapeways has once again changed materials I’ve been printing the models in the better material to use gauge additional work that needs done and test printability. For the most part, these have printed well, but Stevens’ Battery (New Jersey) was horribly warped.

15mm/1:100

- Comets, Kangaroo Rams, Churchill Crocodiles. There are about ten Comets, four rams, and two Crocodiles. Not at home, and need to confirm the numbers when we get home tomorrow. The Crocodiles are going to be a pain: bought them pre-painted because I couldn’t find any unpainted in stock. They are painted nicely enough, but previous owner had obviously glued some sort of extra stowage on the right side of the hull, and subsequently removed it before selling, leaving me with a mess of glue to remove.

- Two Centaur MkIVs. Plastic Soldier Company models. Worst assembly process I’ve come across in some time.

- 12 x Assorted 21st Panzer Division self-propelled guns. Paper thin armor, very good guns.

- 2x King Tigers

- 9 x M4A3/76 Shermans, 761st

- 3 x M4A3E/76 Jumbos, 761st

- 4 x Xylophone rocket launchers

- Still to be acquired: L4 Grasshopper; out of stock everywhere last I checked. Can probably get one on EBay.

HO Scale/1:64

Terrain for Gaslands. Mostly the pieces of a ruined amusement park.

28mm/32mm/1:56

- High Elves for Warhammer: the Old World. Fortunately was able to source them assembled.

- Various Horus Heresy units

- Units for my own SF game.

Way too much. Fortunately, I paint quickly.
"I have seen the first of the new tanks today. They are beautiful."
- Annibale "Electric Beard" Bergonzoli, upon the first delivery of M11/39s to Libya, 1940.
tomhugill
Captain

Re: On the Painting Table for February, 2024

Post by tomhugill »

Pictures!

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

This thread is useless without photos!

‘Do it, do it now!’

I have an M4A3E8 to paint… photo to follow so I don’t break my rule :)
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

I'm one of those that likes to build, but hates to paint so that list would never get done...lol. I actually only have to add some stencelled numbers to paint on my M60A2 and it's been like 2 months since I started. They still aren't done.

Have fun painting though. :lolno:
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Mithras
Corporal

Post by Mithras »

tankme wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:41 pm I'm one of those that likes to build, but hates to paint so that list would never get done...lol. I actually only have to add some stencelled numbers to paint on my M60A2 and it's been like 2 months since I started. They still aren't done.

Have fun painting though. :lolno:
I’ve always been a bit unusual in that I enjoy painting vehicles but have become increasingly tired of the necessity to assemble. 3D printed minis have been a huge relief to me!
- Annibale "Electric Beard" Bergonzoli, upon the first delivery of M11/39s to Libya, 1940.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Mithras wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:28 pm HO Scale/1:64
I hate to break it to you, but HO scale is 1/87th, not 1/64th, because HO (3.5mm to the foot) stands for Half O gauge (7mm to the foot).
And the British OO scale is 4mm to the foot 1/76th scale.

Slot car wrongfully calls their 1/64th cars HO.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Post by ColemanCollector »

And then there was the Fujimi armour series in 1/76. I never quite understood that deviation away from the more common 1/72 like Hasegawa and Airfix.
Dang, all those kits were fun to build and met my meagre allowance needs.
Mike.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

ColemanCollector wrote:And then there was the Fujimi armour series in 1/76. I never quite understood that deviation away from the more common 1/72 like Hasegawa and Airfix.
Mike.
1:76 being oo scale

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

ColemanCollector wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:00 am And then there was the Fujimi armour series in 1/76. I never quite understood that deviation away from the more common 1/72 like Hasegawa and Airfix.
Mike.
Well, now that you mention this.
When I was a lad, it turns out that the Airfix 1/72nd ground kits (not planes) were wrongly scaled. Many years later, they issued an apology to collectors, and changed the packaging to have 1/76th printed on them. I don't know anything about Hasegawa.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Mithras
Corporal

Post by Mithras »

Son of a gun-ner wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:30 am
Mithras wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:28 pm HO Scale/1:64
I hate to break it to you, but HO scale is 1/87th, not 1/64th, because HO (3.5mm to the foot) stands for Half O gauge (7mm to the foot).
And the British OO scale is 4mm to the foot 1/76th scale.

Slot car wrongfully calls their 1/64th cars HO.
Let me clarify:

I am painting miniatures that are -allegedly HO scale. ;)

Return to “Games”