LAST OF ITS KIND

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: LAST OF ITS KIND

Post by Raminator »

Great result on the figure Herman, I love the way the paint brings out the details and textures. I'd never been too keen on having figures in our models, but you've changed my mind and now I'd say they're almost essential. They really give a sense of purpose and scale, as well as lots of personality.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Yes, Herman, the Russian tanker does work well, but he's "not half the man he used to be." Ah, I'd bet he longs for Yesterday.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Herman,
Excellent paint and detail work to finish off a classic Build! Figure is an amazing addon.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

MrChef wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:01 pm I think he came out very nicely. You are correct he rounds out the project.

Thanks Mr Chef, he fits the part indeed.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

tankme wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:44 pm What a properly ugly Russian tank... ;) Just as it should be.
As you guys say up there “butt-ugly”
Shame there is no trace of it left.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Raminator wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:47 am Great result on the figure Herman, I love the way the paint brings out the details and textures. I'd never been too keen on having figures in our models, but you've changed my mind and now I'd say they're almost essential. They really give a sense of purpose and scale, as well as lots of personality.

Cheers Mr Ram, I used to be of the same mind, mainly because I couldn’t paint them even if I had any.
Following the method that Uncle Nightshift uses I have at least been able to get something better than nothing.
My other figures were painted by an expert so they look much better, but it’s not fair to always rely on him to paint everyone’s tank figures !! He’s overwhelmed with work.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:38 pm Yes, Herman, the Russian tanker does work well, but he's "not half the man he used to be." Ah, I'd bet he longs for Yesterday.
Half the man he was but twice as determined eh !!
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

PainlessWolf wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:44 pm Herman,
Excellent paint and detail work to finish off a classic Build! Figure is an amazing addon.
regards,
Painless
Appreciate your credit Mr Wolf, he just adds the right ambience to the model.
The print quality also helps to get a good finish.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
airmancurran1
Lance Corporal

Post by airmancurran1 »

HERMAN BIX wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:33 pm Made a tarp out of a Khaki painted tea bag for the inside of the stowage box, folded into place & sealed with Tamiya flat clear to get it in position & firmed up.
The tools were painted with dark yellow for handles, wash for the real wood I used, then dry brushed with burnt umber to raise the grain so to speak.
Gun metal and Black Green to finish the tool heads off.

I have no idea if one of the three stowage boxes on a KV-2 was a dedicated one for tools or not, but I've taken the punt that one might have been.
I'd say that a choice between crew comforts & personal effects or maintenance items going into the remaining one, that the crew gear would have lost!
As it is, its ok, but I feel there is a lot of excess space that could be used up :problem:
Going to have a scout through the vast accumulation of bits to see If I have anything that might be suitable.

1B434036-9CC7-4F30-875F-9E1FE08C4BB4.jpeg

858FC6EE-A155-40FE-A381-9D554A81D8CE.jpeg
Unbelievable level of detail here. Amazing work.
airmancurran1
Lance Corporal

Re: LAST OF ITS KIND- THE BATTLE VOW

Post by airmancurran1 »

Raminator wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:31 am Amazing work with the tools, Herman. The fully kitted-out toolbox is a piece of art!
HERMAN BIX wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:41 am Once the tools are done, I can sign this off.(at least until a crewman figure crops up)
I've been working on that! Slow going lately, I had a set turn out unsatisfactorily and needed to do some maintenance on the printer. I've also been sidetracked with relocating my hobby stuff to a new room, I'm converting the built-in wardrobe to an ersatz fume hood to set the printers up in. Should be a much better environment for them, and help keep the smell down.

Here's a set of five snug-looking crewmen, most of whom have binoculars. The photos don't really do them justice (this resin colour is hard to photograph for some reason, the camera refuses to focus on it), but the fur texture on their collars and cuffs is fantastic, and the straps and buckles on their helmets and holsters are fully detailed. They're a real credit to the sculptor!

IMG20230213200735.jpgIMG20230213200907.jpg

I remembered Ian from Forgotten Weapons had a video on the PPS-42 a few months back, so I modified my PPS-43 drawings to suit. Should be more authentic for Leningrad in the middle of the siege!

IMG20230213201634.jpg

I'll get them off to you later this week.
The one guy without Bino's looks like Putin. :P

Return to “Heng Long Builds”