Heng long leopard 2A6 7.0 quick build

Mr tank a lot
Lance Corporal

Re: Heng long leopard 2A6 7.0 quick build

Post by Mr tank a lot »

MrChef wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:51 am I'll say it again. Great work. You put into video format explaining the way I went about treating and weathering my first tanks. I watched a lot of armor modeling you tube vids to teach and guide me.

Thank you for taking your time and effort to do this for others. What a great way to promote the hobby to newcomers and others who haven't hopped the fence yet.

Maybe the video should have a warning that once you start, it becomes a snowball rolling down a steep slippery slope.

Hi! No thank you for watching my nonsense! In never really sure if it’s that helpful 😂 and sorry for taking ages to get back.
Mr tank a lot
Lance Corporal

Post by Mr tank a lot »

Meter rat wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:57 pm Thank you for another informative video. I’m very tempted to buy a basic Leopard and have a go at your methods.
Thanks! And sorry I’ve take so long to reply!
Mr tank a lot
Lance Corporal

Post by Mr tank a lot »

fullysemiautomatic wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:02 am You did a great job on this paint job . I am tackling this as a noob, and I was trying to do the headlight mod and messed up my headlights. I also tried to coat it clear flat, and it totally messed up the finish. I tried to do windows, and the acrylic I bought will not snap easily after scoring it. So I am using a dremel to shape every window. :D

I wish I could make this thing look as nice.

On a side note, I found out that mineral spirits will not destroy the plastic or the factory paint; however, acetone will.
Hi!
I’m sorry to hear it didn’t go to plan, if you ever need a hand, then comment on the Vid and I’ll try and help.
Acetone eats plastic for lunch! 😂 and lacquer thinner will do that too.
Thanks for watching, too kind.
Mr tank a lot
Lance Corporal

Post by Mr tank a lot »

Hi all here’s the final bit of the series

Hope it was slightly useful???

RC TANK BEGINNERS GUIDE HENG LONG 1/16th LEOPARD 2A6 7.0 DUST & MUD WITH ONE AMMO by MIG PRODUCT.
https://youtu.be/zZExmMBnB1w

RC TANK BEGINNERS GUIDE HENG LONG 1/16th LEOPARD 2A6 7.0 FUEL STAINS & WET EFFECTS WITH AMMO by MIG
https://youtu.be/nUGkkkoDZf4
Attachments
IMG_8068.jpeg
IMG_8068.jpeg (116.14 KiB) Viewed 309 times
IMG_8076.jpeg
IMG_8076.jpeg (121.23 KiB) Viewed 309 times
IMG_8073.jpeg
IMG_8073.jpeg (119.33 KiB) Viewed 309 times
IMG_8071.jpeg
IMG_8071.jpeg (103.89 KiB) Viewed 309 times
IMG_8081.jpeg
IMG_8081.jpeg (95.46 KiB) Viewed 309 times
IMG_8077.jpeg
IMG_8077.jpeg (111.57 KiB) Viewed 309 times
IMG_9103.jpeg
IMG_9103.jpeg (150.91 KiB) Viewed 309 times
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

When I get to a contemporary MBT build, I will be looking to follow your videos even more. I have an Abrams, Leopard, Challenger, all three in HengLong NATO camouflage, a T90, T72, as well as both versions of the Chinese ZTZs. Even with just a bit of care and weathering, the group would make a great shelf load with occasional trips around the house. 😄
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Post by Meter rat »

Just watched this demonstration the whole way through. Simple explanation on how to make a a toy into a good looking model, that can be accomplished, using the most basic equipment, by anyone.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I watched the you tube vids too.
You do great work Mr A Lot and its relatable to all of us. Not everyone can be a Jiminez or Nightshift, so techniques and products that you display are of immediate use.
Fantastic result and thanks for your dedication to present the you tube series', it cant be a simple thing to do either.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Mr tank a lot
Lance Corporal

Post by Mr tank a lot »

Dear Herman

Thanks so much, and i hope its not as dull as dish water!
Happy Easter!
Mr tank a lot
Lance Corporal

Post by Mr tank a lot »

Meter rat wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:29 pm Just watched this demonstration the whole way through. Simple explanation on how to make a a toy into a good looking model, that can be accomplished, using the most basic equipment, by anyone.
Thanks! and i hope it was vaguely helpful!, sorry i havent gotten back sooner, been a bit nuts!

Happy easter!
Mr tank a lot
Lance Corporal

Post by Mr tank a lot »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:47 pm When I get to a contemporary MBT build, I will be looking to follow your videos even more. I have an Abrams, Leopard, Challenger, all three in HengLong NATO camouflage, a T90, T72, as well as both versions of the Chinese ZTZs. Even with just a bit of care and weathering, the group would make a great shelf load with occasional trips around the house. 😄
Hi Dr!
I do like the modern stuff, but i feel i should get my tiger out, i have done WW2 stuff, but there hiding in the loft!.
i quite like the ztz looks different, do you thing the real ones got chinesium in the armour!! :D

Return to “Modern Builds”