M42 Duster.....project?

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
HaveBlue83
Recruit

M42 Duster.....project?

Post by HaveBlue83 »

Ok I wanted to make this for a possible build thread with an M41 Bulldog base unit.

I'd like to do this in honor of my Grandfather, who commanded one in the 1950s. He just passed away @93.

I have the files.......it can happen... 8)

I have 2 casings from his...my Mother made one into a lamp. They were both polished and cleared. My uncle made a model of his tank years ago..mi now that he is gone, I have them, as I am the only living veteran of the family :'(

Last edited by HaveBlue83 on Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
M41 Bulldog
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: M42 Duster.....project?

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

The Duster looks like a nifty conversion. Go get ‘em!
Offhand, it looks as if you could use the Bulldog lower hull as is with the 3D printed upper hull, etc. That’s another way to get rid of the inaccurate M41 driver’s periscope and inaccurate side toolboxes. (Really, W. Walker should have taken a different Jeep and driver.)
HaveBlue83
Recruit

Post by HaveBlue83 »

Yes correct. Scale and print the upper hull and then the turret and cut the gun so I can make it move. I'd have to modify to fit obviously.

I just fixed my m41 's driver periscopes this weekend!
M41 Bulldog
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

"I just fixed my m41 's driver periscopes this weekend!" Bravo! I still have not done so with either of my Bulldogs. But, then, I have such a backlog of projects I will have to go to www.thedeviliswaiting.com and set my clock back even farther.

Return to “Heng Long Builds”