Tamiya-Tiger I early vehicle

This section is for you to give a commentary / build log of your Tamiya tank. Remember - lots of pictures please!
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Tamiya tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
cmryanuk
Lance Corporal

Re: Tamiya-Tiger I early vehicle

Post by cmryanuk »

The tank looks great. The commander looks genuinely anxious, maybe a Russian IL2 was overhead!
Chris
Tanks: HL Tiger1 (early, 131), Tamiya Tiger 1 (mid) SS Abt.101 334, HL Snow Leopard
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Post by ColemanCollector »

I am liking that hatch detail! Alot!

Mike.
Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Ecam »

cmryanuk wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:18 pm The tank looks great. The commander looks genuinely anxious, maybe a Russian IL2 was overhead!
Chris
I was thinking the same thing, "bring me my brown pants".
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Great work Guido :)
cmryanuk
Lance Corporal

Post by cmryanuk »

Hi Guido. Great work on the Tiger. I note you have added a plastic card rim to the front hatch openings. Is this a detail missed by Tamiya or is there another purpose?
Or is it just white paint?
Thanks
Tanks: HL Tiger1 (early, 131), Tamiya Tiger 1 (mid) SS Abt.101 334, HL Snow Leopard
Guido Henn
Lance Corporal

Post by Guido Henn »

Hi Guido. Great work on the Tiger. I note you have added a plastic card rim to the front hatch openings. Is this a detail missed by Tamiya or is there another purpose?
Or is it just white paint?

Hello Chris ,

this is the raised edge of the hatches, it is molded on. I have painted it white but it is not yet aged or detailed. :{

with kind regards,Guido :wave:
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

You have my r-e-s-p-e-c-t Guido: I haven't managed detail even close to as fine as what you have accomplished here. Your tank commander is great, with excellent uniform detail and a pose that really does suggest impending action from some allied aircraft. I would weather his face a bit, for he is pale. I put a flat coat lacquer on the the whole figure and let it dry completely for a few days. Then I use a quite thinned wash of burn umber oil paint (or burn sienna oil paint for a sunburned look). If the oil seems too dark, I use a cotton swab to gently wash it off some. My way is a bit simple compared to what others can do, but it has helped me a bit.
cmryanuk
Lance Corporal

Post by cmryanuk »

Hi Guido, you posted on my thread about reinforcing the upper deck. I mean the part the turret sits on which flexes a lot. I saw your post about using brass inside the front glacis plate, did you do the same on the deck?
Thanks Chris
Guido Henn
Lance Corporal

Post by Guido Henn »

Hi Chris,

you probably missed it, but it's also from page 3 :crazy:
it is the same material as the front panel o-

Return to “Tamiya Builds”