Pershing rebuild

Nickjagman
Recruit

Pershing rebuild

Post by Nickjagman »

Started as a base bog standard starter,just finishing v7 upgrade,steel gearboxes,metal sprockets and opened up ports and elbows with fiberglass wadding in the standard. Big shout to Dave and Julie at Forgebear for the parts(pump smokers going in my Tiger 1)
Paint and weathering to come:
Attachments
IMG-20240110-WA0000.jpeg
IMG-20240110-WA0000.jpeg (2.23 MiB) Viewed 53508 times
Pershing,
Tiger 1,
M41A3 Bulldog,
M1A2Abrams
:headbang: ms
Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Pershing rebuild

Post by Ecam »

Hey Nick,

What year are you going after? This might get more looks if it is in the Heng Long section rather than the Modern HL. Love the Pershing, Late WWII and Korea. Just wish it showed up a bit earlier to Europe. I've got a Tamiya version but am looking forward to what you pull off.
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

My D-Day build is the Taigen Pershing. I believe the Taigen upper hull is identical to the HengLong, and I know the HengLong metal running gear fits the Taigen, so the two have to be quite similar on the outside. Lots of folks here on RCTW have given me advice and photos in the thread starting at have viewtopic.php?t=34857&hilit=M26. So that may help you, too. I even discovered a surprise, one to my advantage: the Pershing modeled is a T26E3 (pre-standardized, early production M26).

See also viewtopic.php?p=348108#p348108 for a new, but clearly experienced and skilled RCTW member's photos on his Tamiya Pershing.
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

I have the Taigen Pershing so already have the metal track etc, and I really didn’t do much to it. I repainted it in genuine olive drab. Made a holder for the mg ammo boxes down the sides and called it a field mod added tie downs and put some rope over the boxes and finally made a tarp from a cut up and dyed pillow case. I would be happy to take some photos and put them here for reference if you want
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
Nickjagman
Recruit

Post by Nickjagman »

Thanks everybody'
to be honest ive not really given much thought to the finish yet. Ive been that busy sorting the electrical side of both and getting rid of the body srcrews for magnets.Tiger 1is going to be an earlyish version,fancy doing it in a winter style camo.sprocket bearings just dropped through door as i type....\as for the Pershing,prob be late ww2,try and keep them from the same era.Time to get the books out and dig out my airbrush me thinks
Pershing,
Tiger 1,
M41A3 Bulldog,
M1A2Abrams
:headbang: ms

Return to “Modern Builds”