[Winter] Hummel (late)

This section is for builds done in groups and collaboration on projects!
Ad Lav
Captain

Re: [Winter] Hummel (late)

Post by Ad Lav »

Great skills on show.

Coming together very well!
Mithras
Corporal

Post by Mithras »

MonsieurTox wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:39 pm
Ecam wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:16 pm Now that's some impressive brass work! Fine job.
Thanks Eric ! The locking system of the rear doors wasn't easy to replicate, why Germans had to overthink everything ? :haha:
Right? To separate a single section of track pad for maintenance, you must remove six pins in a typical Panzer. -Six-. You remove exactly two when dealing with a Sherman. Everything must be as complex as possible, by thunder. We've got a war to lose!
"I have seen the first of the new tanks today. They are beautiful."
- Annibale "Electric Beard" Bergonzoli, upon the first delivery of M11/39s to Libya, 1940.
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Mithras wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:34 pm
Right? To separate a single section of track pad for maintenance, you must remove six pins in a typical Panzer. -Six-. You remove exactly two when dealing with a Sherman. Everything must be as complex as possible, by thunder. We've got a war to lose!

Which Panzer needs six pins to removed for one track link?

Panzer III, IV, Panther, Tiger and King Tiger require two pins to be removed for one link.
Mithras
Corporal

Post by Mithras »

Ad Lav wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:02 pm
Mithras wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:34 pm

Which Panzer needs six pins to removed for one track link?

Panzer III, IV, Panther, Tiger and King Tiger require two pins to be removed for one link.
I correct myself. The number is four. But I haven't held an actual track link in my hands for some time.

King Tiger requires four. Two on the left, two on the right, per link.

I correct myself... again. I'm apparently thinking of something else. You appear to be correct. At any rate, it's a ridiculously complex machine.
"I have seen the first of the new tanks today. They are beautiful."
- Annibale "Electric Beard" Bergonzoli, upon the first delivery of M11/39s to Libya, 1940.
MonsieurTox
Corporal

Post by MonsieurTox »

Time flies!!
It seems I will never finished it in time 😂
Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Ecam »

Keep pressing on. There will be a couple that might miss the June 6th cutoff, but that is no reason to stop building.

You build is a great one with impressive fabricating skills!
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
MonsieurTox
Corporal

Post by MonsieurTox »

Ecam wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:33 pm Keep pressing on. There will be a couple that might miss the June 6th cutoff, but that is no reason to stop building.

You build is a great one with impressive fabricating skills!
Thank you for the support and motivation Eric.
Weather has been so rainy and cold so far I can't do any primer and paint work on my models. At this time of the year I'm usually painting in the garden, and some time have completed the paint job of one or two model...
I've just been hidding in the man cave for now playing with lathe and mill, trying to finish something I've started back in 2021! It seems I can't finish a thing without doing a pause...
IMG_20240408_080624_copy_2736x2052.jpg
IMG_20240408_080624_copy_2736x2052.jpg (1.16 MiB) Viewed 1112 times
Ecam

Post by Ecam »

Believe me, I understand. I used to work on one project at a time, but I find I get a bit burned out with just one. In addition to the 5 German tanks underway and the big DUKW, I've been researching what my next "big" project might be (in 16th). A LCM bought or built. LCT 12.5 feet (3.81 meters). Or a Dragon Wagon with chain drive and possibly the later soft skin version. Also working on a fix for better tires/wheels for the HL truck for many possible support vehicles.

Hope the weather dries a bit so you can get on with painting.
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
MonsieurTox
Corporal

Post by MonsieurTox »

Yes I'm like, I absolutely need to work on several models at the same time. The closest I am on a build, the hardest it is to resist starting another 😂

LCM and Dragon Wagon are on my dream list too, I'd like to find some small chain to be as accurate as possible. I have considered 3d printed a scale chain as a one piece then mold and cast it in rubber urethane. That would end up to be drive belts but with details of a drive chain! Not sure if it would work.

I would build a GMC, I have thought about mold and cast the front tires of my torro M16 and cast them in rubber urethane but I need to do more research to know if they are the same size...
I'd like to build it's German counterpart, the Opel Blitz... Never built a rc truck beside a 1/14 tamiya Scania...
So much to do, so little time...

And on the to do list is a replica of the filming miniature Sandcrawler but for that I need to source four 1/16 Tamiya Sherman for cheap 😂
MrChef

Post by MrChef »

Impressive work with the AT-AT.

Now, "Winter" or shall it be "Spring" or "Summer" Hummel?

Can't wait to see it in TOTM soon.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore

Return to “Group Builds”