Any events/ clubs/ members in the NJ, USA area??

Any events that you have been to or want to tell about? If so post them here. Clubs and RC Organisations can advertise there upcoming events here.
michaelwhittmann
Lance Corporal

Any events/ clubs/ members in the NJ, USA area??

Post by michaelwhittmann »

NYC, NJ, Philadelphia, or Poconos area???

Thx!
michaelwhittmann
Lance Corporal

Re: Any events/ clubs/ members in the NJ, USA area??

Post by michaelwhittmann »

i was hoping there was one.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Sadly, the tank museum in Danville, Virginia, that used to sponsor battle days is closed down. That must have been great fun to run RC in an area in sight of the real ones. The only North American clubs I know are out west in Ontario, Arizona, California, and Colorado. Maybe others will correct me. Nonetheless, its a big land, so we are too spread out. :(
Last edited by Herr Dr. Professor on Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

The buildings and stuff was bought by a person that owns a paintball/laser tag business near Fairfax, VA. They hope is that he will be carrying on the legacy of Danville.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

tankme wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:45 pm The buildings and stuff was bought by a person that owns a paintball/laser tag business near Fairfax, VA. They hope is that he will be carrying on the legacy of Danville.

Danville was quite a road trip for me from NY last I took it. Probably around 2008-10. I remember seeing the Museum as we passed on our way to track my car at Virginia International Raceway-

Back then RC tanks were the furthest from my brain.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Oh, MrChef, that's a helmet you were wearing! It took me a long time to see that it was not a Santa hat.
MrChef

Post by MrChef »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:09 pm Oh, MrChef, that's a helmet you were wearing! It took me a long time to see that it was not a Santa hat.
Lol for reference it was an organized sanctioned club track event of Integra Type-R Owners Association of America.

Shameless plug...

Down the carousel with the only 3 original colors.

I'm in the middle giving someone a ride
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Nobody hurt, eh? :P Perhaps you have already noticed, MrChef, that there are other such speed-crazed maniacs here on RCTW. Me? I would like my last car to be a Mazda Miata, six speed. However, since I could never afford but one car, and then a cheapo econobox, and given the snow, alas...
If anyone is curious, and just happens to have such a pocket rocket: https://www.typerclub.org/forums/
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:03 pm Nobody hurt, eh? :P Perhaps you have already noticed, MrChef, that there are other such speed-crazed maniacs here on RCTW. Me? I would like my last car to be a Mazda Miata, six speed. However, since I could never afford but one car, and then a cheapo econobox, and given the snow, alas...
If anyone is curious, and just happens to have such a pocket rocket: https://www.typerclub.org/forums/
I've been a Miata (MX-5 for you folks across the pond) driver since 1997. My latest one is a '21 as my 2015 got destroyed by golf ball sized hail in '21. I've loved many a Miata over 25 years...

Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Ecam

Post by Ecam »

I auto crossed a 99 for several years. One of two vehicles I ever regretted selling. I'll have another after winning the lottery (some day I might actually buy a ticket).
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric

Return to “Events / Days out”