HOOBEN T55 UGANDAN HILLBILLY WAGON

Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: HOOBEN T55 UGANDAN HILLBILLY WAGON

Post by Ecam »

Even the weathering on those crates is phenomenal! Great work Bix.
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

samepicture.jpg
samepicture.jpg (345.52 KiB) Viewed 3031 times

Awesome work all around, Herman. Really impressive painting on the crewman figure too, his uniform camo patterns and skin tone look great. What's next?
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Hahahahaha!!!! Thats pretty clever Mr Raminator, I have some stowage out of sequence I see, but its close enough for this kid ;)
And the colour of the plastic bags is not turquoise enough, but I can correct that if a I see the right stuff & not mix it myself :/
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Tank crewman in place. He must be from a North-eastern Ugandan tribe according to a guy at work who is from Ghana & was a Minister that spent a lot of time in Uganda some years ago. :eh:
Hes very familiar with the look of the African Union tanks, reckons I got it pretty much right. Thats a boost for me as its a hell of a thing to try a completely different ethnicity from the norm & get the look right and despite having internet pictures, also get the essence of the tank right as well.
He advised that cooking hardware was a huge focus for armoured crews who apparently carried a lot of extra gear on behalf of the troops they were supporting.
Great insight from a man of the cloth who quit the Ministry due to too much misery and threats to life to begin anew in Australia.

Unless I can find a suitable Commander figure Im going to call this done bar a pigment dust over.

IMG_3124.jpeg
IMG_3124.jpeg (1.42 MiB) Viewed 3013 times
IMG_3125.jpeg
IMG_3125.jpeg (1.26 MiB) Viewed 3013 times
IMG_3126.jpeg
IMG_3126.jpeg (1.42 MiB) Viewed 3013 times
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
airmancurran1
Lance Corporal

Post by airmancurran1 »

This is awesome work. Even TC Amideu looks great.
Mithras
Corporal

Post by Mithras »

HERMAN BIX wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:43 am Tank crewman in place. He must be from a North-eastern Ugandan tribe according to a guy at work who is from Ghana & was a Minister that spent a lot of time in Uganda some years ago. :eh:
Hes very familiar with the look of the African Union tanks, reckons I got it pretty much right. Thats a boost for me as its a hell of a thing to try a completely different ethnicity from the norm & get the look right and despite having internet pictures, also get the essence of the tank right as well.
He advised that cooking hardware was a huge focus for armoured crews who apparently carried a lot of extra gear on behalf of the troops they were supporting.
Great insight from a man of the cloth who quit the Ministry due to too much misery and threats to life to begin anew in Australia.
That's a remarkable story. The "carrying everything for everyone else" goes well with what I've learned from Ogaden War tankers. You done good. You get a gold star.
"I have seen the first of the new tanks today. They are beautiful."
- Annibale "Electric Beard" Bergonzoli, upon the first delivery of M11/39s to Libya, 1940.

Return to “Modern Builds”