Metal Origin/Xion 1/16 Puma parts

Is there anything in particular that you want? Ask for it here and see if anybody has what you're looking for.
Forum rules
RULES LAST UPDATED 25/03/2019
Please make sure you are up to date with the Wanted section rules and guidelines before creating a new post. You can find them here: viewtopic.php?t=27359
Jarlath
Corporal

Metal Origin/Xion 1/16 Puma parts

Post by Jarlath »

SO I bought a 2nd hand Puma from a good tanking buddy. He had nada but issues with it, such as throwing dogbones when turning and finally sold it to me.
I did a full tear down of the drive line, and replaced all the bearings, updated the output drive axles to the wheels, replaced the standard servo eyes with ball cap rod ends, etc...

Was doing testing yesterday on an elevated position (no road wheel to ground contact) and had gotten steering just were I wanted it. The thing ate tooth from a bevel gear in the drive line...

The tooth that failed... FFS!
The tooth that failed... FFS!
Puma Tooth missing.jpg (141.73 KiB) Viewed 3675 times

So looking for any bevel gears from those with dead Puma's. Would love to get a full set, but Xion refuses to answer my emails anymore when I questioned the quality of their output drive axles (I had the pin's completely slide out of the drive head before even installation, and they said it was normal and an easy fix...)
What Xion called normal and easily fixable... Just use CA he says...
What Xion called normal and easily fixable... Just use CA he says...
Puma Axle X3 (1).jpg (185.48 KiB) Viewed 3675 times
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Re: Metal Origin/Xion 1/16 Puma parts

Post by jhamm »

Hi,
Send a mail to Torro-shop.de
They have had spare parts for the Puma.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Yikes! I have one of these kits sitting and waiting for some time. Gulp!
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

I think it's fair to say that a lot more of these kits have been sold than have been built - I too have one sitting in my pile of shame... :S
Jarlath
Corporal

Post by Jarlath »

jhamm wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:28 am Hi,
That's a nope from them. No parts like that, and of course they mention that MO has been OOP for years. Yeah... I know, hence the hunt for parts... LOL
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Jarlath: I may be a flaming idiot, especially given the glacial pace at which I am proceeding with the FAMO, but, as I noted above, I have one of the Puma kits, and I still harbor secret hopes of success with such an interesting vehicle. Please do keep us informed of your progress; I, especially, am cheering for you.
Jarlath
Corporal

Post by Jarlath »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:33 pm Jarlath: I may be a flaming idiot, especially given the glacial pace at which I am proceeding with the FAMO, but, as I noted above, I have one of the Puma kits, and I still harbor secret hopes of success with such an interesting vehicle. Please do keep us informed of your progress; I, especially, am cheering for you.
LOL... was quoted at cost for these out of steel...
100 pcs @ $170 USD EACH LOL! Just tell me you don't want to quote... (6 pcs @ $1138.50 each)

Still hunting... I may see if I can get a decent quote, I'll sell sets for replacements.

Unless you want a static kit and I'll buy your gears :)
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

Jarlath wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:35 pm
jhamm wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:28 am Hi,
That's a nope from them. No parts like that, and of course they mention that MO has been OOP for years. Yeah... I know, hence the hunt for parts... LOL
Hello,
in May 2020 I still got the gears from Torro...
Too bad that this source has also dried up.

Return to “Wanted”