RadioMaster MT12 Surface Radio Controller

Discuss your radio gear here!
Glitchinthesystem
Recruit

RadioMaster MT12 Surface Radio Controller

Post by Glitchinthesystem »

This looks interesting, almost a TX16s but in surface model controller format/configuration as far as I can work out?

Opinions please as I'm going to be in the market for a radio system for my UFO SHADO Mobile and Moon Defence Vehicle projects in the future, so thinking this may fit the bill.

https://www.radiomasterrc.com/collections/surface-radio

There are many paths to the top of the mountain, but once there the view is pretty much the same.
Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: RadioMaster MT12 Surface Radio Controller

Post by Ecam »

I don't know anything about that one but I pulled a quote from my dukw thread. It was cheap, 2nd RX was about $15 and I think it has room for 20 different models. I think I paid under $60 US for the TX & RX.

DUKW quote:
"Just for info....
The Flysky controller I ordered for the ducks is a car style FS-GT5. Wheel and trigger are the standard channels 1 & 2. There is an on/off button for 3. A 3 position switch for 4. 5 and 6 are knobs with full servo control. I'll be running separate speed controllers for wheels and prop. However both speed controllers need to be hooked to a battery (obviously) but having both ESCs hooked and powering receiver will cause issues. I unplugged the red wire from the channel 6 plug so it is not powering the RX. System works fine. The only "wish" I would want is a detent at the neutral 50% or center on the knob. My ESCs have jumpers that can change between battery types and forward/brake, F/B/reverse and just F/R. The F/R setting for the prop means it can change direction quickly. Which could come in handy on the water."
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
ongbenghui
Recruit

Post by ongbenghui »

I am using a radiomaster zorro for my tank now.

I guess the fundamental problem with a such a radio is how are you going to control the turret drive ?

However, EdgeTX is fairly programmable. there is a chance that you can program the buttons and switches to do stuff.

Do check out the ELRS version, the telemetry support can be really useful. I use the external voltage monitor to monitor the battery pack condition in the tank.
Glitchinthesystem
Recruit

Post by Glitchinthesystem »

ongbenghui wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:56 pm I am using a radiomaster zorro for my tank now.

I guess the fundamental problem with a such a radio is how are you going to control the turret drive ?

However, EdgeTX is fairly programmable. there is a chance that you can program the buttons and switches to do stuff.

Do check out the ELRS version, the telemetry support can be really useful. I use the external voltage monitor to monitor the battery pack condition in the tank.
Not that turret control is an issue for my two projects (UFO SHADO Mobile and Moon Defence Vehicle) as they dont have them.. however the included small 4 way joystick expansion module would be an option wouldn't it for turret control. ?

There are many paths to the top of the mountain, but once there the view is pretty much the same.

Return to “Radio Gear”