3D - printed Merkava tank

All things 3D printing. Printers, design, CAD, hints and tips, models built.
Yellowshaker
Corporal

Re: 3D - printed Merkava tank

Post by Yellowshaker »

I am looking at the two merkava tanks offered. The HL and hooben. I hate hooben personally, but the suspension on the HL just irks my nerves.
I read through your thread and I am quite surprised at how nice this tank looks. Very nicely done. I just done know that I want to invest the time to print one. Decisions.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
Conor
Private

Re: 3D - printed Merkava tank

Post by Conor »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:16 pm :clap: :clap: :clap: What you wizards do with 3D printing never ceases to amaze me. Well done! You should be satisfied and eager to show it off to others. I am rather unfamiliar with IDF AFVs: what paint did you use for the final color? Is there a book you would recommend on IDF color? ...on the Merkava?
Haven't been on here for a bit, real-life stuff kept me busy, but that's a very lazy rattle can coat of coyote brown spray paint. I struggle with painting and stuff due to tremors in my hands so I haven't made a better effort. IDF colours are a bit fickle because the famous 'sinai grey' can come in various shades depending on how weatherd and who mixed it.
Yellowshaker wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:07 am I am looking at the two merkava tanks offered. The HL and hooben. I hate hooben personally, but the suspension on the HL just irks my nerves.
I read through your thread and I am quite surprised at how nice this tank looks. Very nicely done. I just done know that I want to invest the time to print one. Decisions.
The Hooben one is a desaster. I haven't looked at the HL one. From a performance point of view the 3D printed ones will hold up and the current revision of RC3DTanks Merkava (he has 3D and 4) actually have things like recoil servos for the barrel and much improved elevation control. And, you have the advantage that you can print your own spares should things break which has been invaluable in the past.

Return to “3D Printing”