Comparison of 1/16 Electronics

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
Shagnifico
Lance Corporal

Re: Comparison of 1/16 Electronics

Post by Shagnifico »

That’s good to know, thanks. I haven’t tried it but I did notice there are no connections on the slip ring cs makes for the ir stuff.
t34vn
Recruit

Post by t34vn »

Edumardo wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:19 am nice comparison, thanks for sharing! :clap:

If you have the possibility, it would be nice if you included the CS TK26 board in the next version
I've tried CS-TK26. Just to summarize:

PROS:
  • Very reasonable price (70 - 80$ includes transmitter)
  • Built-in of 7 - 8 sound packs
  • Support servo recoil, barrel elevation by servo/motor
  • Auto Load Canon position
  • Momentum simulation
  • Lean transmitter, built-in 3.7V battery, chargeable via USB type-C --> I like this!
  • Support clutch gearbox & dual-flow gearbox
  • Full different type of LED lights :)))))
  • Support IR, BB (not yet testing compatibility IR with Tamiya)

CONS:
  • Again, still bad sound quality ;-) (of course, what you would expect with 70$?, even cheaper than CSTK16)
  • Default right-hand joystick for movement & steering (there is no left-hand mode)
  • Short distance of gimbal on a small transmitter, difficult to control.
  • As a lightweight version of CSTK-16, it doesn't support Gun Stabilization System; and
  • Max concurrent is quite low, if your tank is heavy, the movement will not smooth. This feasible for light-weight tank!
Conclusion: Worth to the money! Will compete heavily with HengLong 7.1. If you are looking for low-cost option for a light-weight tank (not heavy full metal one), and except the :poop: sound quality, this is definitely a good option!
Edumardo
Private

Post by Edumardo »

t34vn wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:43 am I've tried CS-TK26. Just to summarize:

PROS:
  • Very reasonable price (70 - 80$ includes transmitter)
  • Built-in of 7 - 8 sound packs
  • Support servo recoil, barrel elevation by servo/motor
  • Auto Load Canon position
  • Momentum simulation
  • Lean transmitter, built-in 3.7V battery, chargeable via USB type-C --> I like this!
  • Support clutch gearbox & dual-flow gearbox
  • Full different type of LED lights :)))))
  • Support IR, BB (not yet testing compatibility IR with Tamiya)

CONS:
  • Again, still bad sound quality ;-) (of course, what you would expect with 70$?, even cheaper than CSTK16)
  • Default right-hand joystick for movement & steering (there is no left-hand mode)
  • Short distance of gimbal on a small transmitter, difficult to control.
  • As a lightweight version of CSTK-16, it doesn't support Gun Stabilization System; and
  • Max concurrent is quite low, if your tank is heavy, the movement will not smooth. This feasible for light-weight tank!
Conclusion: Worth to the money! Will compete heavily with HengLong 7.1. If you are looking for low-cost option for a light-weight tank (not heavy full metal one), and except the :poop: sound quality, this is definitely a good option!
Thanks for the review! :clap: :clap:
Afrikakorps
Corporal

Post by Afrikakorps »

Great summary of commercially available electronics. :clap:
With your next revision I would like to see the Taigen V3 board added.
I think this is quite a good board for the price.
Cheers AK
Panzer III G
Sherman M4A3 (105)
T-34/76 (1942)
Panzer IV Wirbelwind
Sturmtiger
KV-2
M26 Pershing
T-34/76 (1943)
KV-1
M3 Lee
Ferdinand / Elephant
M16 Half-track
Panther G
M4a1 (75mm)
M41 Walker Bulldog
JS-2
M4a3e8 (76mm)
Japanese Type94
FT-17
Tiger 1
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I second Afrikakorps on that request. The Torro/Taigen board and sound module combination has a mix of strengths and weaknesses, but it's well worth considering, especially for those of us with limited electronics knowledge.
HDMM
Recruit

Post by HDMM »

I'll chip in on this thread....just picked up a TK26 combo to try out myself for some lower cost projects. The sound is greatly improved by simply changing the speaker, the amp seems pretty powerful and even ran my dual FRS7 speaker box (wired for 8 ohms) with no trouble at all. I think as far as factory boards, this one has the edge over the HL 7 series and the Taigen / Torro V3 series. Although the Taigen / Torro has improved their sounds with the sound cards, it's still a very outdated board with very limited features.
Armor Group South RC Tank Club, FL USA
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

For me, its driving control #1
sound realism #2
other functions #3

I couldnt care less about tail lights, headlights, turn signals etc etc.
Good cannon sound with shell/breach effects, smooth driving control, then the engine effects is really all that matters.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

HERMAN BIX wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:01 pm Good cannon sound with shell/breach effects
Personally, I hate it (how is it possible to hear the falling shell and reloading of the gun from outside the tank) ;) So any board where you can change the sounds will be good.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

HDMM: Do you have a trusted US source for the TK26 combination? I would like to see the prices, availability, etc. I am interested in how it compares to the HL 7 series with the new flexibility for control and the Taigen / Torro V3 series with sound, but just as you say, otherwise outdated.
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

Clark wins in case of sound with Heng Long and Taigen (and unlike them, it may have other sounds loaded). It also uses a "real" receiver. However, programming it using a TV remote control and inconvenient uploading sounds turned me off from it. That's why I went through IBU, Elmod and stayed with Beier.

Return to “Other electronics”