s.I.G 33 Converion

All things 3D printing. Printers, design, CAD, hints and tips, models built.
baldrick131
Lance Corporal

Re: s.I.G 33 Converion

Post by baldrick131 »

As it goes wat too fast as the brushless motors are a higher RPM compared to the ones they replace it was time to strip it apart and sort it out.
The original pinions were 24 tooth so I sourced a couple of smaller 13 tooth MOD 0.6 pinions that have a standard 1/8th hole for the motor so I got a piece of 1/8th brass rod and soldered the pinions onto it before putting it in the lathe and drilling them out to 2mm and then re drilling and tapping the grub screw holes.
with the motors removed I made the hole into a slot so the motors could be moved.
To be honest this is as far as I have got its all bolted together but not fully as the shed was getting hot an I went and worked on my 1/10th Brummbar in the house :eh:
But I will get it completed soon and should have a more scale speed.
baldrick131
Lance Corporal

Post by baldrick131 »

I have been busy in the shed and put it all back together and gave it a spin.
phpBB [video]
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

You have slowed the AFV considerably, although it's no laggard. In this video, too, I see what seem to be even more noticeable flash from the gun, some of the most dramatic I have yet seen. :O :thumbup:
baldrick131
Lance Corporal

Post by baldrick131 »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:00 pm You have slowed the AFV considerably, although it's no laggard. In this video, too, I see what seem to be even more noticeable flash from the gun, some of the most dramatic I have yet seen. :O :thumbup:
I definitely goes better and isn't troubled by the grass now as it struggled before.
The flash is a stock taigen high intensity flash.

Return to “3D Printing”