1/16 rc M3 Lee (Heng Long and Vandra base)

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Re: 1/16 rc M3 Lee (Heng Long and Vandra base)

Post by ColemanCollector »

That's a beauty! Just when I get all settled on a Vandra Priest kit, along comes your great looking Lee and now I'm back to the great debate. Hmmmmm...
Mike.
Rob1970
Corporal

Post by Rob1970 »

ColemanCollector wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:01 pm That's a beauty! Just when I get all settled on a Vandra Priest kit, along comes your great looking Lee and now I'm back to the great debate. Hmmmmm...
Mike.
I had been eyeing the Vandra kit for a while until I saw one up close and compared it to the real thing and other scale models. And it made me decide to design my own kit because of the odd shape and dimensions of Vandra's kit...
I'm not a rivet-counter, but it was just too much to tinker with.

Rob
Sherman M4A3/Stug III/Panzer III/Panzer IV/Tiger/King Tiger/KV-1/T34-85/Leopard 2A6/Abrams M1A2/Walker Bulldog/Pantiger
Under construction; Sherman Firefly IC - M3 Grant - Sherman BARV
... No, I do not have a problem....
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

I have the vandra kit and I have abandoned the build for various reasons so would find another kit useful
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Post by ColemanCollector »

[/quote]

I had been eyeing the Vandra kit for a while until I saw one up close and compared it to the real thing and other scale models. And it made me decide to design my own kit because of the odd shape and dimensions of Vandra's kit...
I'm not a rivet-counter, but it was just too much to tinker with.

Rob
[/quote]

Well that is some good info to know. Thank you, Sir!

Mike.
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

The Vandra M3 turret is about half the size it should be, and fixing that requires a tear up of the whole roof :crazy:
Rob1970
Corporal

Post by Rob1970 »

ColemanCollector wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:42 pm Well that is some good info to know. Thank you, Sir!

Mike.
Yeah, just check out this thread just to see how much work that kit is to make "right" viewtopic.php?t=30599

Rob
Sherman M4A3/Stug III/Panzer III/Panzer IV/Tiger/King Tiger/KV-1/T34-85/Leopard 2A6/Abrams M1A2/Walker Bulldog/Pantiger
Under construction; Sherman Firefly IC - M3 Grant - Sherman BARV
... No, I do not have a problem....

Return to “Heng Long Builds”