My right stick isnt working

Fixes and mods for the HL Bulldog
Jarmey1
Recruit

Re: My right stick isnt working

Post by Jarmey1 »

If I change any wires it wouldn't make a difference as the setup works perfect on the old silver label version of the gold mfu. I think the mfu is bad. My next step is setting it up with a 12 channel transmitter and receiver and a whole load of inline switches like I did on my crawler that as more functions than really needed.
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

It's weird? because normally it should be:
vertical sleeve, front up, back down, and horizontal sleeve left / left, right / right? Bindage (pairing) did it go well?
Desoled in French :'(
https://data.mrcmodelisme.fr/3/PDF/3868-1.pdf
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

:thumbdown: It will not work with any transmitter other than the one provided, these are specific "Dedicated" transmitters, totally different from standard 12 channels or others.
tankme

Post by tankme »

Jarmey1 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:16 pm If I change any wires it wouldn't make a difference as the setup works perfect on the old silver label version of the gold mfu. I think the mfu is bad. My next step is setting it up with a 12 channel transmitter and receiver and a whole load of inline switches like I did on my crawler that as more functions than really needed.
It doesn't really matter that it used to work the right way on the old silver MFU. HL has made changes to each of the MFUs as they are released. Sometimes they change the polarity of the motor connectors in new releases. If the motor is going forward and reverse regardless of the direction of the stick, there is nothing wrong with the MFU. If there was something wrong with the MFU, it wouldn't work at all. Sometimes you need to change the order of the red and black motor cable within the connector to get everything working right. Brushed motors don't care whether or not the red wire goes to the red (+) post or the black (-) negative post. It will work fine either way. If the one motor is working they way it should, leave it in that plug. The other motor needs to have the red and black wire reversed more than likely.

Remove the pins from the connector as shown and reinstall them in the opposite side. If you push the stick forward and the motor reverses, this is the problem.

Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

8O i agree with the reversal of the wires, but it would be valid if the tank moved forward with the vertical right stick down and backwards if up? out here it seems that the horizontal right stick is moving forward / backward ? not very logical, and not in conformity with what is on the doc of the transmitter?
IMG-4851.jpeg
IMG-4851.jpeg (1.8 MiB) Viewed 658 times
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

By rereading vs different messages, I understand that following concerns with a plate (silver) you replaced it with this one? Are you sure that it is compatible with your transmitter? Because the operation of the right stick is not normal, nor logic?Heng Long has several types of TX..
Personaly, I would do the test again with the old one, it doesn't matter that the smoke bomb doesn't work? Unless it's completely out of order…
Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Ecam »

Sorry didn't read page two. The answer I was going to suggest was already mentioned.
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
Jarmey1
Recruit

Post by Jarmey1 »

tankme wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:18 pm
Jarmey1 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:16 pm If I change any wires it wouldn't make a difference as the setup works perfect on the old silver label version of the gold mfu. I think the mfu is bad. My next step is setting it up with a 12 channel transmitter and receiver and a whole load of inline switches like I did on my crawler that as more functions than really needed.
It doesn't really matter that it used to work the right way on the old silver MFU. HL has made changes to each of the MFUs as they are released. Sometimes they change the polarity of the motor connectors in new releases. If the motor is going forward and reverse regardless of the direction of the stick, there is nothing wrong with the MFU. If there was something wrong with the MFU, it wouldn't work at all. Sometimes you need to change the order of the red and black motor cable within the connector to get everything working right. Brushed motors don't care whether or not the red wire goes to the red (+) post or the black (-) negative post. It will work fine either way. If the one motor is working they way it should, leave it in that plug. The other motor needs to have the red and black wire reversed more than likely.

Remove the pins from the connector as shown and reinstall them in the opposite side. If you push the stick forward and the motor reverses, this is the problem.

Thank you Tankme you have solved my problem. I must remember that tanks are not rc cars and the thing I fixed before do not go now. I'm very happy now. Thanks again and to all who also took the time to help me.
tankme

Post by tankme »

Glad you got it working. It's a common problem when swapping control boards and motors as they aren't all wired the same from the factory.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...

Return to “HL Bulldog”