FPV set up for Mato King Tiger

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
Bigtommy79
Recruit

FPV set up for Mato King Tiger

Post by Bigtommy79 »

Hi All,
I have now got my Mato King Tiger up and running properly and I want to install a FPV system on it.
Does anyone have any experience of the HengLong system? I.e. what is the range of their system and can it connec to my Clark TK22 board?
Alternatively are there any complete plug and play systems anyone could remomend? I am UK based by the way.
Many thanks,
Tom
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: FPV set up for Mato King Tiger

Post by tankme »

Since that tank comes with a Clark TK22 in it from Mato, no there aren't any systems that will be plug and play. Any control board changes from this point will probably require some rewiring of connector types or moving plugs.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Shagnifico
Lance Corporal

Post by Shagnifico »

You should be able to power the video transmitter from the BEC. I’m not sure what the voltage of the BEC is on the tk22 but on most 2s/3s ESC’s it’s like 6v 1 amp. But yeah, basically put a servo Y-cable on Chan 1. Delete the signal wire from the y cable going to your vtx and use the pos and neg wires. In rc most accessories are powered from the BEC. Or you could do it the super easy way and just power your video stuff with a small separate battery.

Edit:
Actually not chan1, use whatever channel is the throttle channel, usually it is channel 2.
Shagnifico
Lance Corporal

Post by Shagnifico »

I have a couple of those Heng long Wi-Fi cameras and they kind of suck. They have a range of about 4 meters. Your much better off getting an all in one fpv cam (AIO). All in one because it includes the video transmitter.

AKK C163 Super Mini 5.8GHZ 40CH 200MW FPV Transmitter 600TVL FPV Camera with Dipole Antenna for FPV Quadcopter Drone Aircraft https://a.co/d/f2Lz0wx

It’s actually a good thing your mato has a tk22 with a hobby receiver because you’re not limited to only things that can plug in. Of course if you go this route you will need a video receiver. A 5.8 ghz receiver you can hook to a monitor or tv cost less than $20. A receiver that you can hook up to an android cost about $30. Bear in mind that all conventional radio rc and fpv only works in line of sight. Meaning if you drive your tank around the corner of your house or into another room you will lose connection and video feed.

Return to “Other electronics”