Tk 7.1 mfu

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
Sam84
Recruit

Tk 7.1 mfu

Post by Sam84 »

Hello,

What I am wondering if anyone has had much to do with the tk 7.1?

I have recently just bought one so far everything works well with it meshed with my version 7controller nicely, I have noticed that the 7.1 has a spot for a second machine gun which is L9 on the mfu but wondering which button combo on the controller makes the second machine gun work, I know how to change the difference between the two gun sounds, I'm just having trouble trying to get the L9 port to work on the controller?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks

Sam
King tiger
Tiger 1
Panzer IV
Panther
Sherman
Stug iii G
Leopard
And still going
ankh
Recruit

Re: Tk 7.1 mfu

Post by ankh »

HI Sam,
Press K+A to switch between machine guns.
Sam84
Recruit

Post by Sam84 »

Hello thank you for getting back to me, I've tried that but the led for the machine gun still doesn't work, thru L9 port but have both lots of mg sounds no light, yet when change the wire back to LED 5 I can get both machine guns sounds to work and the light to work, switch back to L9 no light yet can change between both mg sounds, very strange or controller is playing up lol.

Any other suggestions that might get L9 to produce mg light?

San
King tiger
Tiger 1
Panzer IV
Panther
Sherman
Stug iii G
Leopard
And still going
ankh
Recruit

Post by ankh »

Check if you connected it correctly, check if the LED is working.
I use 2nd MG frequently and it works fine.
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (5.98 KiB) Viewed 2224 times
If all seems all right I would test L9 with a multimeter to see if it generates any voltage.
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Post by ColemanCollector »

[url][/viewtopic.php?t=31479]

This thread has loads of info about the 7.1. Something in it might help you out. It mentions the need for a 7.1 controller and you're using a 7.0 controller. Might be an issue for you? Just a wild-butt guess!

Mike.
Pershing63
Recruit

Post by Pershing63 »

Hi, dumb question here. I noticed the 7.1 board has a different looking power plug than my 7.0 board. How do you connect this, as I believe it goes to the battery, which now has an xt60 connector?
Pershing63
Recruit

Post by Pershing63 »

Also, will my remote controller that came with my 7.0 board work if I upgrade to a 7.1 board? Mostly want the new board for a signal beacon.
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

You can cut off or desolder the XT60 and put whatever connector you want on it. They also sell all kinds of conversion connectors to convert XT60s to Deans or Tamiya or just about anything else.

Yes, your 7.0 controller will work with the 7.1, it will just have to be bound to the new 7.1 controller first. Binding procedure is in the Heng Long manual that comes with your tank, but it is really simple.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Pershing63
Recruit

Post by Pershing63 »

tankme wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:44 pm You can cut off or desolder the XT60 and put whatever connector you want on it. They also sell all kinds of conversion connectors to convert XT60s to Deans or Tamiya or just about anything else.

Yes, your 7.0 controller will work with the 7.1, it will just have to be bound to the new 7.1 controller first. Binding procedure is in the Heng Long manual that comes with your tank, but it is really simple.
THANKS !!!!

Return to “Heng Long”