Haya centurion first look review, and it’s crisp!

The news page threads are posted here. Threads posted here appear as a news article on the news page and on the front page of the website.
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Re: Haya centurion first look review, and it’s crisp!

Post by ColemanCollector »

Deep bronze green? Well, at least it's a Centurion!
VideoCapture_20230613-220254.jpg
VideoCapture_20230613-220254.jpg (716.24 KiB) Viewed 1030 times
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Something is going over my head here. I wonder if the photo is a still from and old television program known in the UK, but not brought to North America. ??? ???
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Post by ColemanCollector »

That's the Ontario Regiment Museum's Centurion out for run last weekend in Oshawa, Ontario. It was a bit of a surprise when it came rolling out of the garages and did several laps of their tank track for a very appreciative crowd of folks at their Aquino Weekend festivities. I'll be posting more pics and some videos in the Events section. Leopards, Chieftains, Priests, Kangaroos, Ferrets, T-72s, Shermans, T-54s, M60s, Scorpions, Staghounds...oh my! All at speed!

Mike.
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:18 pm Something is going over my head here. I wonder if the photo is a still from and old television program known in the UK, but not brought to North America. ??? ???
Ah I was afraid that might be the case. Google search 'U.N.I.T.', 'time', 'Tom' and 'doctor'.

The Deep Bronze Green Land Rovers were a consistent prop.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I will do so on my big(ish) screen PC when I get home Monday. Did the UK get the old program "Combat"? When my old pal and I went to see "Fury," as Brad Pitt and the young hero were holding out against Germans with Panzerschreck, etc., we were chuckling at, how shall I say, the lack of credibility. Finally, referring to "Combat," my friend whispered "Sergeant Saunders would have blown up that tank in two minutes."

Return to “Hobby News”