North Military Model Show & Fullsize Cockpit event - Dumfries

Any events that you have been to or want to tell about? If so post them here. Clubs and RC Organisations can advertise there upcoming events here.
WCP RC MODELS
Corporal

North Military Model Show & Fullsize Cockpit event - Dumfries

Post by WCP RC MODELS »

Hello

Every year Dumfries & Galloway Aviation Museum have a showing of full size aircraft cockpits which are opened to allow the public to sit in a real aircraft cockpit.

We have been approached by the museum to help them also run a model show exhibition over the same weekend 13/14th May 2023.

Team WCP will be there with our display of scale RC & Static models and will also be putting on several moving displays throughout the day. We may also have some cheaper models for kids to play with (dependant on battery charge availability haha!)

If anyone would like to join us exhibiting models of any scale or type which are used by the military you are more than welcome to join us.
The entry to the museum will be free for all exhibitors as long as we have you pre-booked.

There are several hangars which we are trying to theme e.g. Spitfire Hangar will be shifted about so that scale model aircraft will be on display.
There is an Airbourne forces hangar with a full size Waco Glider inside aswell as a section of a Horsa glider and a Willy Jeep alongside various other airbourne forces equipment.
There is also the museum workshop which will allow space for other equipment.

Team WCP, weather permitting will hopefully be able to have a large external display of our models hiding under the wing of a Fairey Gannet.
We are hoping that we will be able to bring down a G scale layout down with us also, aswell as a few new models in development/build.

Some rather special exhibits are expected to be on site for the weekend, which includes an Avro Shackleton cockpit & there is speak of running an aero engine outside in a closed off area. So that should be great to hear.

Oscar & Abigail will be on hand to keep the younger audiences entertained and handout business cards as usual :D

If you are interested in joining us and are local to the North West England/South Scotland, please send a pm or email us on wcprcnrace@gmail.com
This year will mark their first official model show. So they are hoping in future that this will grow and will be able to offer invitations further a field.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: North Military Model Show & Fullsize Cockpit event - Dumfries

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

...wishing you a successful show and eager to see photos!
WCP RC MODELS
Corporal

Post by WCP RC MODELS »

It was another great show
Pictures & Video to follow
We all had a blast and the kids loved it

William also got to play with a full size Armstrong Siddeley Cheetah 7 cylinder radial engine which was used in the Avro Anson.
I can't share a picture as this is a family forum and the air rushing thru the prop into him was trying to remove his clothes and there is a bit too much skin for public viewing, but he had a smile on his face and enjoyed the experience.
We do however have some videos we are going to splice together and will add a link when possible so all can view.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

"I can't share a picture as...the air rushing thru the prop into him was trying to remove his clothes and there is a bit too much skin for public viewing, but he had a smile on his face and enjoyed the experience. " Oh, dear, what an unusual way to get ones thrills. ;) :P
WCP RC MODELS
Corporal

Post by WCP RC MODELS »

A link
phpBB [video]

https://youtube.com/shorts/s2CEFncrPto?feature=share
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

I wonder if the landing gear works, too? If I were to tow one of those with my old light pickup truck, I could take to the left lane and just blow by all the traffic. What a way to go!
WCP RC MODELS
Corporal

Post by WCP RC MODELS »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:05 pm I wonder if the landing gear works, too? If I were to tow one of those with my old light pickup truck, I could take to the left lane and just blow by all the traffic. What a way to go!
Its a very good question and yes the landing gear on this unit does fully work as it should, i have a video of it in operation in fact.
It drops the wheel very fast and then when retracting the unit slowly pulls up the wheel. Its a awesome working nacelle of a Avro Anson which has been refurbished and restored to an exceptionally high standard

Return to “Events / Days out”