Tamiya Bearhawk and Monster beetles

This board is for you people out their who would like to discuss RC cars and trucks
tomhugill
Captain

Tamiya Bearhawk and Monster beetles

Post by tomhugill »

Hey folks, not been doing much on the tanks recently but with the weather turning sunny I've finally had opportunity to get some bodyshells painted and projects started over the winter finished.

First ones a tamiya Bearhawk that I picked up very cheaply second hand, I've had to replace a few parts that didn't match, new brushless setup, afew mechanical parts. Went for almost box art but a darker metallic blue. I based the drivers helmet in one Colin McRae used.

Next is a tamiya monster beetle, this was an original release but has in true triggers broom fashion had most of the parts replaced as they'd gotten brittle over time and broke. I do have the original shell for this one in box art colours, but I wanted to do my own. Again almost box art with a slightly darker metallic red. Bought upto date with bearings, brushless motor and esc and a 3d printed gearbox brace.

Finally is the shell off a blitzer beetle fitted to my basher monster beetle chassis. This one has a mip diff, brushless motor, lunchbox tyres for better grip and handling.

The shell was smashed to pieces during a crash but I've managed to piece it back together so you'd almost never notice. With all the reinforcements and JB weld it's probably stronger than new. The rear fenders have been cut back so they don't catch when the front wheels lift, the main cause of breakages I've found.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Tamiya Bearhawk and Monster beetles

Post by tankme »

Cool RCs. I had a ton of fun with my Tamiya Hornet when I was a kid.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...

Return to “RC Cars and Trucks”