Noisy turret fix

This section contains tips and tricks on building and running model vehicles. If you know any then post them here and if you need to find any, try your first search here.
Forum rules
This section is for posting helpful Tips and Tricks only. Questions need to be posted within general questions section viewforum.php?f=14
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Noisy turret fix

Post by tankme »

Duca wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:18 am I’m new to working on the inside of these tanks and noticed I’m experiencing this very problem. Exactly where is the motor's worm gear! Is it inside the smaller black box that turns the large gears on the turret?
Thanks
Yes, I personally would remove the turret rotation box from the tank to work on it. Then there are usually two small tabs on the sides that hold the two halves of the turret gearbox together.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Duca
Recruit

Post by Duca »

Thanks for getting back to me. I’ll check it out and see what I can do

Duca
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Well, Duca, don't try what I did. I was putting a new motor with worm gear in the gun elevation gearbox of an old plastic Mato M4A1. As I was soldering in the replacement motor, a gnat flew right at my eye. By automatic reflex, I tried slapping at it. Then I had to reassemble the gears, too. :haha:
thestig
Lance Corporal

Post by thestig »

Hi Duca.

I used the term “worm” in my original post. I was referring to the pinion gear on the motor’s shaft. Sorry for the confusion.

the stig

Return to “Tips and Tricks”