Review Gear Box Heng Long PDSGB

This board contains easy-to-do fixes on your new tanks from stock. This will hopefully help beginners to get the accuracy they want from their models.
Met5
Corporal

Review Gear Box Heng Long PDSGB

Post by Met5 »

Hi, this treath is meant to be a report on the Gear Boxes in question. After wishing it, waiting and buying it this happened after using it in 3 days.

Applause goes to the seller (one of the most important stores in Europe) who took it back and replaced it with a traditional Gear Box.

The adventure begins when on my KV1 Taigen purchased on eBay to be reconditioned I find that the original Gear Boxes are quite old and malfunctioning. Rather than starting a project with wobbly elements, I choose to buy the brand new Heng Long PDSGB for € 150 + shipping costs. They are specific to the KV1 from Taigen. So I go quiet.

The KV1 will be equipped with the IBU2 Ultimate Edition, so no problem for the management of the new type of transmission.

The packaging is well done, the GB looks very well done. Finally a Heng Long product done right. It was time.

I install and try. Day zero:

Day zero ends after a few minutes. The battery runs out and the IBU board cuts the motors when it goes live.

A too fast beginning of the movement of the wagon is highlighted, part "suddenly". Adjustments on the IBU are possible but under a certain value it does not move at all. Tomorrow we continue with the card at 100% charge.

Day one. Battery 100% charged:

There is an inability to overcome differences in height. Without load it goes straight decently. Uphill (or when it has to steer, therefore with a lot of load on the track) a track swings without moving. The battery runs out in 15 '. The engine is nice and warm. He will have covered a total of 20 MT. Tomorrow third day, 100% charged batteries again:

Day two:

The result is the same as the previous day. For the record, the KV1 hull was brand new, with over 1500 grams of ballast to have a correct trim and not have a "tiptoe" panzer.

We proceed to tear the Gear Box to pieces:

The heart of the Gear Box are two planetary gearboxes

Let's compare them:

Under stress, the output shaft of one of the two planetary units yielded and deformed. The housing in the output gear has also been deformed. It got hot ........ look how it changed color:

So excellent silent and precise Gear Box for a light and fast tank. If you want a Gear Box for a heavy tank, which reproduces the speed of a WWII tank, which does not walk only on golf courses, it is good to stay away and go back to the classic Gear Box with gears:

Regards
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: Review Gear Box Heng Long PDSGB

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Very that's interesting, Met5! Because of my poor internet connectivity, I cannot watch the videos here at home, but the photos of the disassembled gearbox showed the effect quite well. I, too, applaud the seller for supporting the product. Would you feel comfortable telling what firm sold the gearboxes and admirably replaced them?

Return to “Things to fix on your new tank”