open new tab when clicking link

Have any comments or suggestions as to the running or advancing of the RC Tank Warfare website? If so, this is the place to be.
jee
Staff Sergeant

open new tab when clicking link

Post by jee »

Hi,
Is it possible to change the way it works when you click on a link in a message?
When reading a thread, sometimes there are links which are interesting, but when you click it opens in the same tab. evrytime it is some work to get back to the original thread here on the site to continue reading.

Maybe to change the setting to open the link in a new tab?

(if this is discussed before and not accepted as a briliant idea, sorry :D)
Regards,
Jaap :wave:
square4
Lance Corporal

Re: open new tab when clicking link

Post by square4 »

If you hover over the link and press right mouse button it gives you the option to open the link in a new tab.
I never finish anyth
jee
Staff Sergeant

Post by jee »

square4 wrote:If you hover over the link and press right mouse button it gives you the option to open the link in a new tab.
Thanks, yes I know that, but sometimes I just forget.
Regards,
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

That is the setup on Polish forum based on the same engine so it could be done for sure ;)
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Matdragon »

Hi Guys,

It would be nice for links within posts to open in a new tab, I agree. I will look into this after the soon coming major update!

For now, one handy tip I use all the time is if you click your scroll button instead of the left mouse button (most scroll wheels actually click too!) then it will open a link in a new tab!

Many thanks,
Matt
jee
Staff Sergeant

Post by jee »

Matdragon wrote:Hi Guys,

It would be nice for links within posts to open in a new tab, I agree. I will look into this after the soon coming major update!

For now, one handy tip I use all the time is if you click your scroll button instead of the left mouse button (most scroll wheels actually click too!) then it will open a link in a new tab!

Many thanks,
Matt
Thanks, there is of course no urgency with this :D
But the scroll button doesnt work on my computer, so now I will try to find another driver for it :D
Regards,
jee
Staff Sergeant

Post by jee »

ok, after some trail and error, downloading the software for the mouse (which didnt do much) I found that you should not click your scrollwheel, but press, hold and push to the right (that is on my computer) then it will open a new tab with the link.
Never new this trick so happy to learn soemthing new :D
Regards,

Return to “Comments and Suggestions”