American Civil War City Class Gunboat

This section is for all of you who want to talk about RC boats, warships etc.
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: American Civil War City Class Gunboat

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Jimster wrote:Lord knows I hate boring you fine folks with my gunboat project but I have the rudders set up properly now and here’s a short video showing how they operate. Some may enjoy this more than others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is not boring at all! I enjoy a lot new projects. Furthermore, not only I enjoy it but I need it! Sometimes you get bored seeing the same tanks again and again, so this is a very welcome refreshing breeze.

Keep us updated! I am looking forward for seeing it sailing!
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Glad to hear that. Thanks guys. Last night I received and used the marine grease to add to the stuffing tubes/propeller shafts and mounted the motors. It’s now ready for a water test and maiden voyage.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I have kept away from this project primarily because of my abject failure in all things maritime but boring NEVER, More strength to originality on the Forum,
The American Civil War just like all wars that preceded it and followed on advanced science and engineering exponentially,
How would the most successful Submarine service in WW2 have got on if it was not for the sometimes successful and sometimes tragic Civil War efforts in advancing the silent service,
The most successful submarine service in WW2 was not Germany by the way it was the USA who unlike Germany's efforts to starve the UK into surrender did bring Japan's economy to its knees.
Great progress Jimster I come to this late but I shall stay to the end,We all know your staying power so this could turn into a saga lasting longer than the original unpleasentness :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Thanks, jarndice! The originals were built much faster than mine. Here’s some pics of the mounted motors and my awesome grease gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “RC Boats / Ships”