RWS Gun interference, momentum malfunction

Discussion for Clark electronics.
marcofa
Recruit

RWS Gun interference, momentum malfunction

Post by marcofa »

I installed RWS on my Leopard with TTK80 card (FTTS two crew system)
I have an interference between RWS and main gun shooting.
SwA is UP to select turret rotation and main gun
When I shoot main gun I hear a double click and RWS begins to rotate continuously.
To stop it I have to move SwA down and then up.
I have submitted the problem to Clark who replies to check the ground. I have not understood what he means (no gnd on board) and I have not been able to get any other answers from him.

Another problem for which I have not received an answer is the momentum effect.
When the main gun fires, the chassis recoils back and if gun fires again chassis recoil forwards and so on . This is not nice .
I had the answer that it is a known problem but that the momentum effect is of little interest (isn't it worth the expense to solve it?)

Grateful for help on these issues
Marco
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: RWS Gun interference, momentum malfunction

Post by tankme »

What you are calling "momentum" is not momentum. The momentum effect is when you are driving the tank forward or reverse letting off the throttle and the tank doesn't stop right away. It keep rolling due to "momentum". Momentum by default is off on the Clark TK-80. The gun firing recoil effect can be disabled using the Sony remote control and battle unit circuit.
Screenshot 2022-09-17 231755.jpg
Screenshot 2022-09-17 231755.jpg (66.34 KiB) Viewed 763 times
I'm not familiar with the RWS wiring so I can't comment on that. I think when he was saying check the ground he meant that some of the things in the tank use the ground side of the circuit to do interrupts (IE: turn stuff on or off). If the RWS and the gun are sharing that ground circuit and the ground is being used as a trigger it could be causing the issue.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
marcofa
Recruit

Re: RWS Gun interference, momentum malfunction

Post by marcofa »

Sorry for my mistake.
Regarding Firing tank gun hull recoil, I would like to know if it work well in your tank or when the main gun fires, the chassis recoils back and if gun fires again chassis recoil forwards and so on?

Return to “Clark”