Andy's Hobby Headquarters (US)

This section is for posting vendors that you would highly recommend for others to use and what the vendors offer.
Forum rules
This section is for posting vendors that you would highly recommend for others to use and what the vendors offer.
KH3DP
Recruit

Andy's Hobby Headquarters (US)

Post by KH3DP »

I recently picked up two new static models, a 1/35 RFM Challenger 2 TES for reference to modify my Heng Long Challenger 2 and a 1/16 Takom Wiesel Mk20 to convert to RC.

For years, I've purchased static models from either Amazon or one specialty vendor in the US. However, I'd been watching a number of Andy's Hobby Headquarters videos on YouTube lately, so I decided to look up his website (https://andyshhq.com/). His normal price was $20 cheaper on one kit and $10 cheaper on the other, plus his flat rate shipping was only $11 for both kits combined.

The order was placed on Saturday. It shipped on Monday, and arrived on Wednesday, even with flat rate shipping. What impressed me even more was the way it was shipped. The box fit the two kits almost exactly. The two kit boxes were fully wrapped in tissue paper, and the minimal empty space in the box was filled with craft paper. The box also included a detailed invoice and a thank you note. Along the way, I received regular email updates on the status of the order, but not a flood of spam emails pushing me to buy more.

I've always heard, "Price, quality, speed - pick two." It's nice to find a place that gives you all three.
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Andy's Hobby Headquarters (US)

Post by BarryC »

I've also placed several orders recently with Andy's and received the same type of service. :thumbup:

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

Sometimes Andy's is cheaper, but sometimes not. I do appreciate him supporting the 1/16 scale end of things as he's done quite a few 1/16 builds for his vids and spearheading the new Sherman kit in 1/16. He also stocks a bunch of stuff others don't like the Alclad line. I use their clear lacquers in matte and gloss.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I have had good experience with Andy's Hobby Headquarters :thumbup: and now use it almost exclusively unless I can get to a not-so-local hobby shop. I have the Jeeps and Sherman on order.

Return to “Recommended Vendors”