Taigen v3 board and flash

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
Afrikakorps
Corporal

Taigen v3 board and flash

Post by Afrikakorps »

Hi Guys, I have just got a new Taigen v3 board for a Sherman and am wondering about my flash options. The Sherman does not have a mussel brake so I would like to use a 5mm clear/yellow led so that the light shines forward. I think that the Taigen high voltage flash shines to the left and right, making it best for guns with a mussel brake which can conceal the diodes.
So, can anyone tell me how to connect a 5mm led for the main gun flash. I am not sure about the wiring. Can the 5mm led just replace the Taigen diodes or does it need a resistor? Or can I just replace the high voltage unit and connect a led ?
Thanks for any help
Cheers
Afrikakorps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Panzer III G
Sherman M4A3 (105)
T-34/76 (1942)
Panzer IV Wirbelwind
Sturmtiger
KV-2
M26 Pershing
T-34/76 (1943)
KV-1
M3 Lee
Ferdinand / Elephant
M16 Half-track
Panther G
M4a1 (75mm)
M41 Walker Bulldog
JS-2
M4a3e8 (76mm)
Japanese Type94
FT-17
Tiger 1
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Taigen v3 board and flash

Post by Jofaur86 »

:D Hello, yes indeed it is possible to install a flashing LED, but Taigen also makes a new very thin system, see photo below
C0579789-9154-48FF-8DC7-6A51D633E4EB.png
otherwise there is indeed the Flash led, I have the connection diagram, just put your hands on it :(
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Voici,
386BC625-FB55-4BDC-A518-AA2A364C0DE2.png
for Led flash, on the CN3 plug you have
starting from the left,
1: red = the most of the Led
2: green (strobe) not used
3: black, less led
4/5 green and black, inter switch of the ball shot, here it should work, some recommend the installation of a 150 Ohm resistor in the plus of the Led, I personally haven't put any, rt still works?
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Rectification, following me mistaken!!! the plus of the Led is connected to the 2nd pin of CN3 and not the first? sorry
quick little diagram
FC964F81-A48B-4AE5-8BE2-B328DEAB3B74.jpeg
tankme

Post by tankme »

He is using a Taigen board and not a HL board. Personally I would stick with the high intensity flasher. The 5mm LEDs just don't show up very well in bright sunlight. The LEDs don't need to stick out of the barrel in order to see them, you just won't see them much from the side. I tend to stick the very end of the high intensity flasher out of the barrel so that like maybe half of the first LED is showing. It's not a perfect solution, but it is the same way Tamiya recommends with their high power flasher. Then you will see the flash from the side. I use a little Bluetac type flexible putty to mount in the barrel so you can easily reposition it at will.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

:) ah good ? that I understood...while waiting for this out of HL or Taigen, the connection of this type of turntable is the same, now it is only my responsibility. I'm just trying to help!!! and if I post, it's only when I'm sure of myself. It seems to me (photo) that I indicated the new Taigen or HL flash, whatever, but I answered his question? to know how to install a LED.
tankme

Post by tankme »

Jofaur86:

I'm not saying you don't know what you are talking about, but I'm confused why you posed a wiring diagram of a HL 5.3 system? The Taigen v3 has a completely different wiring diagram than the HL 5.3 version you posted. I'm sure the BB diagram is probably correct if this is a HL Sherman converted to Taigen electronics, but I'm not sure what tank he has (whether it is Taigen or a HL Sherman). We know Taigen doesn't have both BB and IR on the same tank. Their tanks are either sold as IR or BB, but not both like the newer HL. The Taigen V3 doesn't have a specific cannon LED slot that is separate from the high intensity slot like the HL v6 or v7 boards. I'm not sure what the voltage is that comes out of the Taigen LED port. I think that is the big question here. If it puts out too much the LED will need to have a resistor on it to limit current. I've seen a lot of posts adding the high intensity to all kinds of boards, but can't find any fitting a standard LED to a Taigen V3.

To the OP:

I know you have a Taigen V3 in the tank, but is the tank an old Heng Long 5.3, a Heng Long v6 or v7 tank, a Taigen IR, or a Taigen BB Sherman? The wiring can be different depending on what tank you have.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Hello,
So or am I explaining myself badly or are we not understanding each other? The photo of the HL plate is just to show the wiring of CN 3 which for me is the same on a Taigen V3, For the Led? I forgot to specify, that in my case I bought this LED from RCTank.de, and not used a standard LED? For the resistance? I admit moreover the memory if installed one? I did not invent anything, this being from a post from the RCU forum that I copied, for a PZ 3 since at the time there was no flash with LEDs, which could fit in the existing barrel?
Link forum RCU
https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tan ... r-3-a.html
now it was (I repeat myself..) just to inform our friend, of a possible solution.
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Afrikakorps
Corporal

Post by Afrikakorps »

Thanks for the replies.
My Sherman tank is a Tamiya lower hull with a Henglong upper and a Taigen turret. It has the 76mm long barrel gun with no muzzle brake.
I am using Taigen v3 electronics but want to use a 5mm led instead of the Taigen led. Does anyone know how to change this ?
I am thinking it is a matter of replacing the Taigen led with a resistor and a 5mm led.
IMG_7935.jpg
IMG_7935.jpg (12.08 KiB) Viewed 1019 times
IMG_7935.jpg
IMG_7935.jpg (12.08 KiB) Viewed 1019 times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Attachments
IMG_7932.jpg
IMG_7932.jpg (22.25 KiB) Viewed 1019 times
Panzer III G
Sherman M4A3 (105)
T-34/76 (1942)
Panzer IV Wirbelwind