1/6 Sherman M4A3E4 project.

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
Biasphere1
Lance Corporal

1/6 Sherman M4A3E4 project.

Post by Biasphere1 »

thumbnail_IMG_20220806_155632 (1).jpg
Fairly well along on this project , I'd messed up my log in and only just now got it right lol.
I'm posting up a few shots mid build because of that .
I sprayed a light thin coat of Olive drab to all the facing surfaces for the photo op , still didn't come out that well if you spray a heavier coat I found the Drab goes a real deep hue and looks fantastic . If you can see between the turret bustle and the can of spray paint you'll see a dark patch, that is not a shadow it's the effect I mentioned .
Attachments
thumbnail_IMG_20220727_233121.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_20220806_155343 (1).jpg
Last edited by Biasphere1 on Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Biasphere1
Lance Corporal

Re: 1/6 Sherman M4A3E4 project.

Post by Biasphere1 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk_oMvHpLHk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlsnt8mDWBk
The drive is amazingly super quiet .

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/nqooYU4JJOw
I've got to go have a back operation so I won't post up for a little bit ,am posting up a few Q's in the CLark section if anyone can set me straight a little too.
Will have my laptop so can answer any questions too .
Cheers .
Biasphere1
Lance Corporal

Post by Biasphere1 »

p1.jpg
EMuEbo6U4AIocem.jpg
This is what I'm building but in Olive Drab like the line drawing .. I have STL's for the barrel to be made to a 76mm .
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

What a spectacular sherman!
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Biasphere1
Lance Corporal

Post by Biasphere1 »

c.rainford73 wrote:What a spectacular sherman!
Thank you Sir appreciated .
If I'm allowed to say that there is a build log on the Tank section over at RCUniverse you can have a Dory at I will say that . lol
Cheers mate .
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Absolutely you can mention other forums mate, it’s the
Hobby we all share that keeps us interested regardless of where it’s shown. :thumbup:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Biasphere1
Lance Corporal

Post by Biasphere1 »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Absolutely you can mention other forums mate, it’s the
Hobby we all share that keeps us interested regardless of where it’s shown. :thumbup:
Cheers mate , you're an Aussie from memory in SEQ(yup just checked) ,I think you and I both missed the ARMORFEST up here because of COVID or I missed it as I was flooded in or something .
I'll be in Brissy for a back op very soon ,but if you like I could look you up IRL before that .PMK me if you like .
Br great to put a name to a face mate.
Cheers and THX.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Biasphere1 wrote:
HERMAN BIX wrote:Absolutely you can mention other forums mate, it’s the
Cheers mate , you're an Aussie from memory in SEQ(yup just checked) ,I think you and I both missed the ARMORFEST up here because of COVID or I missed it as I was flooded in or something .
I'll be in Brissy for a back op very soon ,but if you like I could look you up IRL before that .PMK me if you like .
Br great to put a name to a face mate.
Cheers and THX.
Well.................. :think: I'm a Kiwi..................but thats ok, It would be cool to meet you & put a face to the name .
let me make a plan
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Biasphere1
Lance Corporal

Post by Biasphere1 »

Awesome , I'll have my itinerary soon so we can figure out the logistics.
Cheers mate .
oddballseattle
Recruit

Post by oddballseattle »

Looking great!! looks like you are using spyker also for the RC conversion. I am building Oddball's tank myself. I am working on the turret with the recoil action but don't know how to program that in my controller. Are you doing the recoil for the barrel?
Attachments
sample.jpg
sample.jpg (32.96 KiB) Viewed 1316 times

Return to “Larger Scale Military”