Heng long PzIV won't shoot

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
Grey Knight
Recruit

Heng long PzIV won't shoot

Post by Grey Knight »

Hello all, I've got a issue with my PzIV , everything works but the gun push the button on the TX and nothing happens. I've had it about a year and a half and only checked it when I first bought it,( it was new in the box) I don't like dry firing anything so I don't believe I tried it ,just drove it around a little. Took it apart ( marked all the plugs ) did some cosmetic mods,stowage bin, long barrel, mantlet etc, then set it aside waiting for paint(,it's a 6.0s bye the way ) About a month ago my son came to visit and wanted to play with the tanks.I also have an HL M4a3 so we start messing around and no boom.I've checked the connections,wires, motor and gears everything seems to be alright what am I missing? HELP...Chuck
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Heng long PzIV won't shoot

Post by Tiger6 »

did you turn on the firing switch under the turret hatch?
Grey Knight
Recruit

Post by Grey Knight »

Tiger6 hello,the only thing under the commanders hatch is the plug for the IR
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

Ah, you didn't specify that its the IR version - Can't help you with that I'm afraid :(
Grey Knight
Recruit

Post by Grey Knight »

Oops,it has both BB and ir but I don't plan on using the ir option, I did remove the motor for the firing and it works just fine with a power source applied,gears also turn freely by hand so I'm thinking it might be the TX or rx somehow...Chuck
john1970
Corporal

Post by john1970 »

The 6.0 doesn't have the switch under the commanders hatch as the BB gun is no longer wired with the elevation unit.
When you say press the firing button are you just pushing the 1 button on the top right?
As you are suppose to push both buttons A + B for the BB gun to fire
Grey Knight
Recruit

Post by Grey Knight »

Thank you that was it ! I can't find the manual, would have been helpful lol thanks again ...Chuck
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I just ran a Google "Advanced Search" with the terms

Manual
"HengLong"

and came up with loads of possibilities. Maybe one of these has the newest manual.

Return to “Heng Long”