Jagtiger in need of a reboot

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
Hwal2605
Recruit

Jagtiger in need of a reboot

Post by Hwal2605 »

jagtiger 2c.jpg
jagtiger 1c.jpg
Hi,
Not a newbe, but I haven't posted for a while.

I bought a HL Jagtiger at an auction only to find it had no Transmitter when I got home. Despite searches, the transmitter did not turn up. Thinking that A new 7.0 Transmitter and Control board would do the trick, I invested in both from Aliexpress. Got them last week, and, naively thinking the upgrade would be fairly simple, I proceeded to take out the old board and install the new 7.0, silly me. I have no idea where the existing pin connectors go, despite looking at 7.0 diagrams. I don't even know the version of the old board, although it does have a cooling fan on top. Lastly, the internal wiring of the tank, on the turret area (OK, it doesn't actually have a turret), appears to have had some unwanted attention. But first things first, can anyone point in in the right direction to get the control board wired up. Some help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

best regards

Harry
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Jagtiger in need of a reboot

Post by Tiger6 »

Before anyone here pipes up with a Taigen wiring diagram, I'll point out that judging by the gearboxes this is the old 'Heng Feng' (I think thats what they were branded as) JagdTiger.
Obvioulsy been upgraded at some point, can you take the cover off that existing board and upload a picture of it, as this might help somebody figure out what you are dealing with?
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

Good evening,
Unless I'm mistaken? and in view of the photos, it is not a Heng Long? but a Matoro (see black pkastic engine covers) the plate in place RX 18 in 2.4Ghz could very well have been kept? just to buy the corresponding transmitter, new or used? there it will be necessary to take again the whole of the existing wiring, you must have besides the corresponding diagram, in principle?
Tiger6

Post by Tiger6 »

Jofaur86 wrote:Good evening,
Unless I'm mistaken? and in view of the photos, it is not a Heng Long? but a Matoro (see black pkastic engine covers)
The 'Heng Feng' JT used the old Matorro KT chassis and control boards. Similar to the old RX13 if memory serves, but with slighly different pins outs, the turret was a 10 pin connector and a few other oddities - The power switch cables had a nasty habit of catching fire :wtf: so hopefully they have been replaced!

I found this old thread showing the guts of it https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tan ... ?styleid=7 so we can safely conclude that whatever system is in there now is not original :crazy:
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

to follow up on Tiger's post, indeed an interior photo of the upper chassis would be appreciated, I think it's a BB system (airsfot) according to the can that is visible?
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Looks like a Taigen V1 to me
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

in view of the photo on RC Universe, looks more like a very old 27 Mhz HL radio system, on the left the control electronics, and on the right the receiver, without quartz, there were 3 possible frequencies, by manipulation of A 3-way switch, the one our friend is talking about, is indeed a Matoro or under the brand, with the famous 10-pin cord (photo attached, of a Sherman Mato, before modifications. Herman rightly, it is indeed a Taigen plate V3 currently.
Sherman Mato
06707949-C860-4B97-935C-6EC48E389D10.jpeg
06707949-C860-4B97-935C-6EC48E389D10.jpeg (45.84 KiB) Viewed 1757 times
m
3DA84FCD-20BB-44E5-A548-D024F63EC90C.jpeg
3DA84FCD-20BB-44E5-A548-D024F63EC90C.jpeg (80.68 KiB) Viewed 1757 times
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Get. Taigen V3 board, sound card and transmitter from Forgebear and away you go!
The V1 will also work if you get a V1 transmitter and bind it .
Not sure if the old transmitter is still available new, so advise you to go for a V 3 system
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Tiger6

Post by Tiger6 »

The OP already has a brand new HL V7.0 to install... He just needs help figuring out the wiring.
john1970
Corporal

Post by john1970 »

what kind of wiring diagram do you have? is it a list which just says what connects where or is something like below

Return to “Heng Long”