M10 Achilles Scratchbuild 3d Print

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: M10 Achilles Scratchbuild 3d Print

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Hmm quality time together ? :lolno:

This project is rapid and exciting Mr Turner, a
Mother rare machine bought to life in our scale.
Top job
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Alwyn best wishes to your better half :wave:

I congratulate you on another outstanding job designing and printing another unusual piece :thumbup:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear this Alwyn, I wish you both a speedy recovery.
The project can wait, your health is more important.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

ahh, no Mr Gunner, the project cant wait!!...............he'll be right, push through it & get the M10 finished :haha: :haha:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Well thanks everyone for the good words and kind wishes. I am pleased to confirm that I am back in the land of the living as is my better half although I have no wish to repeat my experience of the last five days in my lifetime! The only good to come from my recent experience is that it achieved something I have been battling to do for months on a fairly strict diet, and that is to lose half a stone. This is not a weight loss plan that I can recommend. :crazy: :haha:

So now back to finishing the M10 and putting together a build manual.

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:
Last edited by AlwynTurner on Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Back in action. I needed to modify the rear partition on the cockpit to allow for the heng long turret turn motor. I just need to design a mounting bracket now.

Alwyn :wave:

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

The structural bracing of the upper hull is really good looking engineering Alwyn. Your 3D printing skills really are encouraging to 3D print newbies like myself
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Ecam »

Really looking forward to see this come together. I wanted some inside turret details on my builds but to build a hull floor and ammo storage above the tracks is amazing. Will you have room for electronics?
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Thanks for the interest and appreciation guys, much appreciated. I completed the mounting panel for the turret rotation gear so tahts one less problem to worry about..

The space in the rear of the tank for electronics is limited
There is space under the cockpit floor for a slim LIPO battery which can be accessed from under the tank via the battery box cover, or simply lift out the cockpit floor. Provided the battery is located under the floor then there should be space for the electronics, but probably not a smoker or a big loudspeaker.

AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

I am happy to announce that the stls are now completed and the build instructions are available to anyone interested. The stl files are available at a cost of £40 per set, and payment can be made by Paypal friends and family gift to alwynft@aol.com, and files will be sent zipped by return provided you pm me an e-mail address to send them to or e-mail me at alwynft@aol.com.

Enjoy! :haha: :haha:

Return to “Other Builds”