Herr Doc's Famo

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Re: Herr Doc's Famo

Post by jhamm »

Good morning Herr Dr. Professor Hc Famo... ;D
i have the manual for the "SERVO MULTI - FUNTION CONTROL UNIT" as PDF, the size is to much for upload here.
if you are interested, send me a PM.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Thank you for the kind offer, Herr Hamm. I, too, have the <.pdf> file of the same Asiatam Manual, "Servo Multi - Function Control Unit," and since I found it to be way too large to upload, I extracted from the manual the photos you see just above.

On Tuesday (June 28) I plan to lay out the electronics for testing. At that point, I may understand better how they work. Then, too, Jofaur86 kindly sent by PM some links to other online builds of the Famo, so I will study these before Tuesday. As you may know from my 1/4 ton 4X4 build, I am slow (my sweetheart finds me maddeningly patient :haha: ), and I usually have multiple projects going on simultaneously.

An aside, off topic (though a frequently recurring topic here on RCTW): Beer/Bier. No doubt you have long been aware of Hamm's Beer, still extant, once more widely sold here in the US. Now here comes a comment that will likely set off a debate requiring a moderator to intervene (or at least join in the fray). Compared to German Biere and contemporary US beers from micro-breweries, Hamms, Schlitz, Pabst, Coors, etc., even the now-revived Seipp's, are :sick:
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Following with interest
Will help me aswell with my own design version eventually :)
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Thanks to Jofaur86, I have more links to check.
Yesterday I did lay out the electronics I received from Asiatam. I believe Asiatam sent me the wrong board, and the one I believe I needed is apparently no longer even on their web site.
I have some ideas as to how to proceed next, but I need to :think: a bit more. I would like to accomplish some means of coordinating the track and front wheel steering, and I would like some sound reasonably like the Maybach engine of the real Famo. I may start a thread in the section under electronics to attract the attention of the electro-wizards :P here on RCTW.
modler
Corporal

Post by modler »

Interesting, I am going to do that coordinated track\servo steering on a 1/18th model I have in my collection. It requires one motor per track of course but I will be doing it with Transmitter mixing on the 1/18 Hanomag Halftrack.

Just realized that this forum may be the place for some of my models. I will give it a go a see what happens,
Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Ecam »

modler wrote:Interesting, I am going to do that coordinated track\servo steering on a 1/18th model I have in my collection. It requires one motor per track of course but I will be doing it with Transmitter mixing on the 1/18 Hanomag Halftrack.

Just realized that this forum may be the place for some of my models. I will give it a go a see what happens,

Yes,yes! Give it a go!
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Hello,
Little video of the "Famo" transferred from the museum of Falaise to that of Colleville, gift

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cAe_cQ5zFEw
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

I have a separate thread in just the electronics for the Asiatam Famo going at: viewtopic.php?f=81&t=33401&p=333076#p333076. Being isolated from any other RC modelers, I can always use help from the B|here on RCTW. Please see the link I included above. (In fact, I believe Herr Jürgen Hamm has already used the exact SGS module I am using. Hint...Hint....
help_info_99446.jpg
help_info_99446.jpg (17.98 KiB) Viewed 4567 times

Return to “Other Builds”