KV1 Heng Long

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
billy.fisher
Recruit

KV1 Heng Long

Post by billy.fisher »

Postman been,2 weeks to the UK from China at half the price
parts.jpg
could not get any bearing supports for the drive shafts,bought two flanged bearing and ill bore out the plastic parts to take the bearings
billy.fisher
Recruit

Re: KV1 Heng Long

Post by billy.fisher »

what is this little LED on the turret
led.jpg
thanks
billy.fisher
Recruit

Post by billy.fisher »

can the exhaust be removed or are they super glued in
and the front LED
front led.jpg
pipe.jpg
Thanks
billy.fisher
Recruit

Post by billy.fisher »

what model is this RX
rx.jpg
rx.jpg (28.85 KiB) Viewed 2393 times
thanks
billy.fisher
Recruit

Post by billy.fisher »

these are the bearings i bought to support the end of the drive shafts,need to bore out the hole to fit them
bearing.jpg
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Hi billy,

The exhausts are usually only glued in position and can be removed intact if careful but if they do break new items can be found and even in metal.

The led light on the front of the turret/mantlet should be the bb gun warning light.

The headlight at the front can be cut down and either a new smaller led can be installed or file the one down that's already there. If you search on the web you should find some lenses that fit inside the recess and look the part as the picture I've added below shows.

I'm not quite sure of the mfu version you have just from that picture so post a pic of the handset as well which may give a clue but it does look like one of the newer heng long units.

Just an observation as well, the decals that are fitted to the front fenders would normally be placed on the turret, hope some of this information helps :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning, Billy,
All of Lee's advice is spot on! To this, I can only add that you look in the Heng Long Builds sub section of the Forum here and read through some of the amazing Builds that you will find there for the KV-1. You are sure to find some cool and useful tips on how to redo your Heavy Armor there.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
billy.fisher
Recruit

Post by billy.fisher »

thanks for the info
i need to drill out the exhaust for the smoke,ill probably try and drill them in situ
never noticed the led when the bb was going to fire,but then i tend not to look down the barrel when it does :)
yes the headlight led just sticks out too far for me,i am noy going mad with this build as its just to look good and use on my local crawling track
i bought the tank second hand so the decals had been put on by the previous owner,i have bought new ones but they dont look too bad(to me) on the fenders,i may try and paint over them after i have painted the tank green with some white,reason being russian tanks seem to be whitewashed
always put decals over the top if i bollock it up

thanks again
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

:) for the Radio deck?
it's an HL version, which is a bit dated? but in 2.4 Ghz which is already better than the old 27 Mhz. There are indeed many things that do not conform to reality? But as " Painless Wolf " says I invite you to consult the HL post on this forum, and you will find there many answers, councils and ideas for your leveling, according to your wish!!!
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

Return to “Heng Long Builds”