M1128 Stryker MGS from "RC Kootai"

This board is for you people out their who would like to discuss RC cars and trucks

Postby tankme » Thu May 12, 2022 11:06 pm

Technically not a tank so I put it in this area. Facebook has multiple vids of it running, but I know there are some folks that don't follow stuff on Facebook so you can see and pre-order it through RC Tank Legion:

https://www.rctanklegion.com/collection ... -order-now

No, I don't need anymore tanks. Yes, I do need an MGS... :) I pre-ordered one as I couldn't resist. In some of the vids they also have a BTR-80, but haven't seen that for sale yet anywhere.

tankme
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Postby BarryC » Thu May 12, 2022 11:57 pm

Cool!
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Herr Dr. Professor » Fri May 13, 2022 2:59 pm

tankme: Surprise and thank you! My list of bookmarks for RC AFVs won't fit on a 24" monitor, but I have never heard of this retailer.
Herr Dr. Professor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Postby Sub » Fri May 13, 2022 8:53 pm

Hey Dr,
Its a chap called Stanley, if you put Rc tank legion into youtube he has many vids and reviews, just for info.
Ttfn.
Sub.

Sub
Sergeant

Postby tankme » Fri May 13, 2022 11:28 pm

Sub wrote:Hey Dr,
Its a chap called Stanley, if you put Rc tank legion into youtube he has many vids and reviews, just for info.
Ttfn.
Sub.

Stanlley from RC Tank Legion is only reselling them, he was not involved in the development. When RC Kootai posted about it, he contacted them to work out a sales deal...that it.

tankme

Postby tankme » Fri May 13, 2022 11:31 pm

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:tankme: Surprise and thank you! My list of bookmarks for RC AFVs won't fit on a 24" monitor, but I have never heard of this retailer.

They also showed the AAV7P on their site. I believe they started with that vehicle.

tankme

Postby Sub » Fri May 13, 2022 11:56 pm

Hi Mr tankme

"Stanlley from RC Tank Legion is only reselling them, he was not involved in the development. When RC Kootai posted about it, he contacted them to work out a sales deal...that it."

tankme

Yeah, i was aware of that, i was just letting the good Herr Dr know who tank legion was as it appeared, at least to me, that he had not heard of him previously.
Sub.

Sub
Sergeant

Postby lmcq11 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:53 pm

Looks like this is likely to be the Hooben Stryker currently available on Pre-order for $580 on their website.

https://www.hooben-shop.com/collections ... hicle-tank

Capture22.JPG
Hooben Stryker
Capture22.JPG (62.75 KiB) Viewed 291 times

Features:

8x8 wheel drive, real rubber tires

​550 motor driving, offering strong power

​5pcs 18g metallic servo

​A three-piece cabin door can be opened

​360° rotated turret

​Telescopic barrel of a gun, with up and down move function

​Metal accessories on the chassis

​Two sets of lighting on the front and back, two sets real voice of engine sounds

​Waterproof body, can be waded into the water

​Big wheel rolling fearless of 45°slope obstacles, conquering all kinds of rugged roads
lmcq11

Postby tankme » Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:19 pm

I did get an Email a few weeks back from Stanley saying the shipment would be delayed due to shortages at the Kootai factory. Still no ETA on arrival.

tankme

Postby tankme » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:25 pm

Welp...my M1128 MGS arrived this afternoon, but I didn't even get a chance to unbox it yet to see how well it faired on it's trip from Malaysia. I guess that will have to wait until I get home from work tonight.

tankme

Postby tankme » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:36 am

It's going to need some work to make it more durable as it seems to be 3D printed. The front four wheels steer. It is an 8x8 with suspension although the front suspension doesn't work quite as well as the rear. Was it worth the money...probably not, but it is the only Stryker on the market currently. All the hatches open. The top turret cover and rear cover for the battery are held on with magnets. I haven't put all the accessories on as I am going to be breaking it down to make some mods to it. It came with a HL version 7 control board and transmitter. I haven't fired it up yet as I need to get to bed...

More info later.

tankme

Postby Herr Dr. Professor » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:31 pm

:clap: tankme: I will be interested to see what you do to beef up the Stryker. The suspension mechanicals, the electronics and motor (one?) certainly seem neatly packed in there. There also appears to be adjustable steering caster, definitely good. There are lots of interesting details hanging about the hull. Is that "NATO" green? In the photos it seems almost to be WWII OD, not even the somewhat darker post-war OD--but of course, photos put on the internet go through umpty many color changes, so one cannot make much of the color.
Herr Dr. Professor

Postby tankme » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:09 pm

Just for those thinking....this is a Hooben as I've seen them selling it on AliExpress and advertised as a pre-order:

Hooben is reselling them - NOT made by them. Stanlley from RC Tank Legion contacted the factory who makes this and did the pre-order directly through them - not Hooben. It is a company called "RC Kootai" which is why the title says that. They have been in the business of RC since 2012, but looks like their lineup was mostly cars, boats, and airplanes until now. They have a presence on Facebook, but since I'm at work I'm limited to what I can search for as far as websites go. They also show a BTR-80 on their site, but have yet to advertise that vehicle for sale unlike Hooben which has one for pre-sale in a different configuration.

At this point I won't recommend getting yourself one as I think it's going to be a long project to make it strong enough to stand the Texas heat. Think...Rich's M60 or his Hooben Merkava when you think of buying one of these. It came with zero instructions, no markings, and painted in the wrong color green (more like a spruce green - too much yellow). It does have space for a battle system in the turret which I will be adding. I will be adding a barrel flash and I haven't seen an IR emitter yet so that might need to be added also.

I believe this was only 1 of 20 that was in the pre-order (it's marked #7). Stanlley went out of his way to make sure each one was good to go before sending them out. Apparently each one had QA problems as he received them. He worked with the factory to get what parts he could and tested each one. I appreciate that and that didn't go unnoticed. Mine arrived with only a small break in the rear tail light which is easily glued back on. I'm sure with the issues he had with them, he won't be selling any more of them.

I should be able to plug it in to a battery and do an initial functions check tonight when I get home from work. The Heng Long controller is just a standard v7 handset. Being that everything is servo driven, I'm sure the control board has to be a HL 7.1, but they removed the cover from it so it has no label right now. It does only have one motor, but it looks to be a geared 550 from my calibrated eye. The steering angles can be adjusted.

tankme

Return to RC Cars and Trucks