Centurion,

The news page threads are posted here. Threads posted here appear as a news article on the news page and on the front page of the website.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: Centurion,

Post by HERMAN BIX »

For some outlandish reason, I have lots of Centurion pictures.
Not far from me is "Tankride"
And on a now seemingly long ago trip to Melbourne, I stumbled over an Australian Vietnam Museum..........which had a Centurion in it :/

If requested for a build, I will gather them all up & post them, but if not, I wont..................its just not my Tank-happy-place ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

I am a lucky one who built a Ludwig Centurion. Costly, complicated and otherwise quite naked in terms of details, the kit was transformed into a Sho't Kal Gimel with some heavy transformation. A dream come true, i gave it a totally different look than a Mk III. Its a rugged tank ready for war. Definitely my favorite, its one of the few RC tanks that sits in my home office instead of the basement shelves.

I hope Haya will provide a good affordable base and give it a price point that aims for quantity of sales vs a few collectors that can afford it. The Centurion can be derived in so many interesting versions by many countries, i would eventually purchase many. Its the main reason why i have lots of Shermans, Panzer IV, Stugs... in many versions, but i will only ever have one Chieftain or one Challenger II, and they will stay in the basement.
IDF Centurion 1/16 RC
IDF Centurion 1/16 RC
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

HERMAN BIX wrote:If requested for a build, I will gather them all up & post them, but if not, I wont..................its just not my Tank-happy-place ;)
Hi Herman,

I have the Ludwig kit and intend to build a Australian Centurion as used in Vietnam but no time soon. 8O

I'll keep your offer in mind once the build makes it to the "assembly line".

Barry

"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

Last post I saw said Haya would start taking preorders in June 2022 for an August delivery. Any updates to that? I'm curious if they've slowed down on this due to the Tamiya release? I know the supply chain issues have been creating problems for projects like this.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

tankme wrote:Last post I saw said Haya would start taking preorders in June 2022 for an August delivery. Any updates to that? I'm curious if they've slowed down on this due to the Tamiya release? I know the supply chain issues have been creating problems for projects like this.
Write Andrew an email...
He will answer you honestly and give you the current status.
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Tongde Centurion Mk. 5

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

Well that didn't take long. Looks like Haya lost their exclusive? 
Tongde.jpg
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

I saw that on FB today. I was trying to figure out the same thing. Looks to be a rebranded HL controller.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Could well be. Both companies located in Shantou which is the toy capital of China.

I see they show a die cast Tiger as well on the website.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Xiaoshan_Sailor wrote:Could well be. Both companies located in Shantou which is the toy capital of China.

I see they show a die cast Tiger as well on the website.
That tiger looks exactly the same as theato one down to the curved sponsons on the lower Hull and the way the torsion bars are secured
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

I have been in contact with Tongde & they are a bonafide manufacturer of die cast models & about to launch their own RC tank series. They have no relation to Haya or anyone else in the market & from what I have been seen, this will be very good news for the hobby. This is no FB scam as some were posted over on Zuckerberg's god-forsaken place. Good things are about to happen so stay tuned.

As to the metal Tiger, yes I think some tool sharing is underway which does happen here.

Return to “Hobby News”