Wiltshire Tank Meet

Any events that you have been to or want to tell about? If so post them here. Clubs and RC Organisations can advertise there upcoming events here.
wibblywobbly
Major

Wiltshire Tank Meet

Post by wibblywobbly »

Following venue changes, and Covid, Jay has taken up the mantle to relaunch a tank club in Wiltshire. Details are below for the first meet. Hopefully those who want a meet in the area will support the new venture, many have expressed an interest on FB, so if you have a tank and want to attend, express an interest, and above all else attend. Tank meets are great fun, and give everyone a chance to chat, run their tanks, and make new friends. :thumbup:

https://www.facebook.com/events/3915686 ... f=newsfeed

Provisional date for next meet: Sat 7 May
Time: 10:00-15:00
Location: north side of Chippenham, WILTS (postcode TBC - approximately SN14 6UZ). Full address will be confirmed soon
Cost per head: £5
Venue: Community hall (canteen area with crockery and tea/coffee).
Catering: There is a cafe next door
Please bring any scenery, grass matting or props etc. to help create a battlefield - we are starting from scratch so bring whatever you've got!
If anyone has any past club docs (paper or electronic), kit, scenery etc. please bring it so we can see what there is (all the club assets are dispersed and unknown at present).
The aim is to get the club going again, so please bear with me as I've had no hand over at all (and never been to a WILTS or BRISTOL ARMOURED DIV meeting before), so I would welcome your support and understanding. I'm going to come down from North Oxfordshire to see if things can be reinvigorated in WILTS.
-Any scale of model is welcome (but the biggest scale that will be allowed inside the building is 1/16, to avoid damage to the floor)
-'Friendliness not cliqueyness' is the name of the game.
-Everyone is welcome, regardless of modelling ability, experience or type of model
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
wibblywobbly
Major

Re: Wiltshire Tank Meet

Post by wibblywobbly »

Unfortunately, due to a lack of confirmed interest, the meet has been cancelled. It would have been a risk paying for hall hire only to find 3 people turned up, so the organiser has pulled the plug for now. :(
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Damn :O
I would have to have a breather in Dubai to make that meet...............and the locals cant get there ?? :wtf:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

So it seems, quite a few expressed an interest, but only a couple have said they would go. I know from my own experience how difficult it is to get something like this established with a regular crowd.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I am sorry the meet didn't pan out. When I imagine traveling inside the UK, I think of driving distances no greater than those in the state of Wisconsin where I live. Maybe someday I will have the opportunity to get across the Atlantic and see the UK when Covid is tamed and I fall asleep under a money tree on a windy day.
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

There are a lot of people in the UK who think 50 miles is a long way.

I used to live halfway down France. I drove up to a channel port, 6 hour ferry crossing, and drove up through England just to go to a meet. Then did the return trip. 11 hours each way. 180 miles driving each way too. Virtually no sleep at all. I wouldn't do it now though! 8O
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

"There are a lot of people in the UK who think 50 miles is a long way."

Jeez, they wouldnt cope here I can tell ya :/
Shame it didnt get going, would've been great to see the pictures from the weekend
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Ok, a new date has been set for a meet:

Provisional date for next meet: Sat 2 Jul Time: 1000-1500

Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
DymondTank
Lance Corporal

Post by DymondTank »

Hi ,
Me and Charlotte would like to attend the event in July . As we been going to the Nuneaton and Grantham would be good to attend the one in Chippenham as it would be closer
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Excellent, look forward to meeting you there. If you are on Facebook it might be an idea to click Going on the event link. :)
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1

Return to “Events / Days out”