Seriously considering to sell my last Elmod board.

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Seriously considering to sell my last Elmod board.

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Hi everybody. Yeah, as the title says, I am seriously considering selling my last Elmod, which is the latest Elmod Fusion Pro. I am not sure what to ask for it or what is it worth now, so I decided to create this post for testing the waters and helping me with the decision.

I remember it costed me about 235 euros, plus 25 for the bluetooth module, plus 12 or so for the tamiya tank adaptor. That makes a grand total of 272 bucks which is a fortune for me, lol, but I am not sure what would be logic to ask for it:
At one hand the board is used (but in perfect and pristine status) which should obviously drops the price.

But at the other hand it is no longer produced and the new Elmod Fusion X is a bad joke or even I'd say an insult. Not only a step downstairs but 7 floors, so that makes me think it can make the Fusion way more valuable.

Is pretty much like what happened with the IBU 2 Pro when the IBU 3 and the IBU2U saw the light, people paid fortunes for the older version. Or sometimes you see people paying kidneys for the basic open panzer board.

So, here it goes, what would be the price tag for you? I don't like to speculate but also I don't want to pull my hair seeing people selling it for a lot more than any price I could think of now.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Seriously considering to sell my last Elmod board.

Post by BarryC »

Hi Rad,

As it seems you hold the ElMod in such high esteem I not sure you'll get much of anything for it after that sales pitch! :O You would not buy it; so why would anyone else? :think:

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

BarryC wrote:Hi Rad,

As it seems you hold the ElMod in such high esteem I not sure you'll get much of anything for it after that sales pitch! :O You would not buy it; so why would anyone else? :think:

Barry
Hi Barry, my reason for selling it is because I am upgrading my toys to Beier boards, which I find superior, but many people seems to preffer Elmods, I guess mainly because are easier to program or because they feel comfortable with something they already know.

But also it really surprises me seeing people buying the Elmod Fusion X when there are much better and cheaper alternatives out there, so if people has interest in the Fusion X I guess there will be people with interest in the Fusion Pro.
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Rad_Schuhart wrote:
BarryC wrote:Hi Rad,

Barry
Hi Barry, my reason for selling it is because I am upgrading my toys to Beier boards, which I find superior, but many people seems to preffer Elmods, I guess mainly because are easier to program or because they feel comfortable with something they already know.

But also it really surprises me seeing people buying the Elmod Fusion X when there are much better and cheaper alternatives out there, so if people has interest in the Fusion X I guess there will be people with interest in the Fusion Pro.
:thumbup:
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Hi Rad,

It truly is a bummer what Thomas came up with for the replacement to the Fusion Pro. If I wasn't broke saving for Mark's 1/6 scale Panther I'd scoop it up. That being said I'd bet Jimster would love it! :lolno:

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

I wouldn’t switch out my Elmod in my Tiger for anything. However my Beier is perfect for my gunboat for several reasons. Rad, I’ll contact you about your Fusion Pro. I may have plans for it with a future tank. If nothing else it would be nice to have a spare classic Elmod board.
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

EAO wrote:Hi Rad,

It truly is a bummer what Thomas came up with for the replacement to the Fusion Pro.
Eric.
Hi Erik, what Elmod did is a movement that I cannot understand. He had what I consider one of the very best RC tank boards, removed some vital functions, made some extra addon boards to get the functions back, and rised the price of everything together, without adding any new function... and most people still seem to be happy with it! I guess most guys won't use a second machine gun, won't use servos or additional lights, or just won't care about paying more, having a lot of mini boards and tons of wires inside of the tank.

But the main reason for me for selling my Fusion Pro is what I already commented several times, the inertia. I love it, but sometimes I need to disable it and it and that is just not possible. It makes driving almost imposible for my children when playing in our playground, climbing bridges, making tight turns between scale buildings and so on. It also caused me some issues while driving in big RC meetings with loads of toys moving around at the same time because I could not brake in time, neither accelerate as fast as the traffic needed. If the inertia could be removed, I'd keep my last Elmod board for sure, but being sticked to drive the way Mr Elmod wants, full time, ended in a no-go for us. Pretty much what people seems to rant about the IBU2U, but I am not sure if the IBU guy finally fixed it.

I found the Beier boards suit me much better in every aspect, it has better sound quality, way more light outputs (I love rolling christmas trees!) and I can fully adjust the way I want to drive just flicking a switch in my radio.

Stay tunned to my website, I am reviewing the Beier SFR 1 HL board and it will be published in February. :)
EAO

Post by EAO »

Hello Rad,

Back in November when you enlightened me on the new Elmod boards and their drawbacks (I had such high hopes :( ), you surmised that we may see a Fusion Pro 2.0 in the future. I hope you are correct as you have shown the new boards offer very little. And once again thanks for your input on all this electronic gear, you make it clear and concise for users like me who are...well, a bit challenged in this area! :haha: :/

If after my 1/6 scale Panther, I get another 1/16 tank it'll have to be a Beier board (Marco says I'll never go back...we'll have to see). :think:

That sure didn't take you long Jim! I just knew you were lurking about! You jumped on that quicker than a pit bull on a poodle! :wtf:

Cheers,
Eric.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

It’s still available folks. I realized I shouldn’t be a hoarder since I already have one and have too many projects already stacked up. Somebody who’s had any serious interest in getting the Fusion Pro should jump on this before it’s too late. I highly recommend it!
EAO

Post by EAO »

Jim,

That's some admirable restraint your showing! Did I mention I'm broke?!? Bummer... :lolno:

Cheers,
Eric.

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “General Discussion”