Hello from San Diego, CA

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
hobbyking
Recruit

Hello from San Diego, CA

Post by hobbyking »

Hello Ladies and Gents!
I;ve had a HL Tiger 1 fro a couple years but recently I got a Sherman and T-34(both HLs). I'm working on a backyard track/trail and keeping an eye out for open fields. The T34 is all plastic (w/ steel gearbox!) so I will soon be adding metal track and wheels.
For the Sherman, I am eyeing a 76mm Taigen turret. The other mode I am looking at is the barrel recoil & flash/smoke unit. Any info about those is appreciated
I am open to any tips, tricks and recommendations (that fall within the budget).
Any local peeps DM me for a tank talk or a play date(LOL).
Thanks
Cheers
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: Hello from San Diego, CA

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Hi there! I am here in the freezeville, but lived in LA '80 to '84; I wished then that I could live in San Diego instead. Maybe you could run your tanks at the San Diego Wild Animal Park: I recall two lions who had a discussion (minimal blood) over a lioness. They were just about 6 feet on the other side of the fence from me. :O I'd be they would be willing to duke it out with tanks. :lolno:

There are a few Southern Californians here on RCTW, including SoCalBob. :)
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Welcome! I went to the Navy’s School of Health Sciences at Balboa Hospital back in 1982. Loved Balboa park, C Street and Westport Village. Being a Hospital Corpsman was awesome! Best weather in the world.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Greetings HK!

Glad to have you with us! I'm sure you'll find all sorts of inspiration and answers here! Great bunch of guys too, so freaking talented! :crazy: Enjoy yourself!

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Welcome, HK. It appears that you've already set some goals for yourself. :thumbup: Knowing what you want, helps to keep the bills down later (e.g., don't start off with a Tiger 1, like most do, when what you really want is a fire-breathing Sherman 76mm... :D )
Here's an example:
phpBB [video]

The Heng Long electronic bits needed are available over here, https://www.forgebeartanks.com/store/p1 ... _Tank.html
but you must be able to get them in the States as well.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”