Clark TK 40 board killing my recoil servo

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
tomhugill
Captain

Re: Clark TK 40 board killing my recoil servo

Post by tomhugill »

quitcherbitchen wrote:So elevation is as easy as using the tv remote to activate? Wow I did not know that. That explains the weird servo movement. I will read the clark manual for the thousandth time and see what I have to do. Can't believe I missed that. Thanks for the tip.
Yes, I think it's in the second page of settings. If you're in esc mode then it'll do some very erratic things with your servo!
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

Hello, I don't know if I can help?
https://www.battletanksnederland.nl/php ... =15&t=7031
B91CD52B-F28F-491C-B827-B648A9E6E041.jpeg
quitcherbitchen
Private

Post by quitcherbitchen »

So which button shuts off the ESC1 and activates PWM for elevation? Nice little cheat sheet.
Heng Long Panzer III
How I learned to love the bomb
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

hello, this for TK 20/22? but must be ditto on the principle of operation! Are you using the IFR led on the corresponding connector? in order to know the number of flashes according to the (Sony) button used? it is also sometimes necessary to reverse Ch2 / Ch3 to have a correct operation, I follow far? very far from being a pro? but having successfully operated a TK 24 ..
1: http://download947.mediafire.com/mdo1fh ... _Guide.pdf
2: http://download1587.mediafire.com/yl763 ... _Guide.pdf
tankme

Post by tankme »

You have to go to page two of the config:
Screenshot 2022-01-12 134046.jpg
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

From memory, it seems to me that there is already one of the three servo outputs, which is originally programmed? and the other two are done with Sony? or I'm wrong ? Is there not a mechanical problem with the servo badly positioned, or adjusted by repirting the necessary travel, which would mean that the neutral is not where it is needed? the servo hangs under tension (hum) heats up and burns out? would be a plausible hypothesis?
according to the instructions, the controls by the sticks, are simpler in SBus than with a 4/6 channel radio? standard
quitcherbitchen
Private

Yes the recoil is always on. The other two slots have to be activated. Do I hit the 1 and then the 2? Or push 1 twice?
Heng Long Panzer III
tankme

Post by tankme »

It will be in ESC mode already since that is the default indicated by the *. Hitting 1 will move it to PWM mode as the light on the battle system will flash twice. If it doesn't flash twice then hit 1 until it does. If it flashes more than twice...you are changing the wrong setting... :) You have to have a battle system installed or use the Clark "IR Programming Line" attached to the board. The remote signal is being captured by the battle system or IR Programming Line sensor and then uses the LEDs on those to show the mode it is set to. You can see from this video at time index 5:56 and example of how to program the Clark board. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yam654wo2hg.
Derek
quitcherbitchen
Private

Again Thank you so much. You are a real help. I programmed this thing a year ago and forgot most of whatever I learned LOL.
Heng Long Panzer III
tankme

Post by tankme »

NP. I have to look at the docs every time I do it.
Derek

Return to “General Questions”